Family companion app sip calls
Calebson
Enthusiast - Level 2

What does it mean when an incoming call on the child's phone shows as a sip call?  

The app shows the call was from ""sip:+18xx63250740x3Brn=+18xx549@icscF1.ctx05"  the x's  are numbers, I just didnt put them all

What does that mean??

Re: Family companion app sip calls
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Could be the calls were from a SIP (Session Initiated Protocol) server (IP based) as opposed to a cell service server.  

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Calebson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm just not sure what that means in layman's terms .  I'm unfamiliar with those

jav6
Champion - Level 3

It was an internet originated call instead of a cell network originated call.  The caller id indicating SIP shows this.  The Family Companion app or the originating server could probably be a little more user friendly in creating the caller id for display.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you show this type of call on your child's line that you're unable to identify Calebson. I can understand the concern. If a number shows as a SIP call it just identifies where the number originated from or the address of where it came from but not the specific carrier. It can be a call that generated from the Internet that you can use as a phone number or email address to make and receive voice calls.

Does this information help? Are you attempting to block the calls?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes