False data overage alerts
Erikajas

I know there are some previous posts about this but it would seem that Verizon has yet to fix the problem.  I have been getting alerts over the last 2 days telling me that I have used 75% and then 90% of my data plan.  When I check my account I have used 0.076GB of my 2GB plan.  That's not even 4%!!!! This is my average usage and I have made no changes to my plan since I started this account.  So the responses that Verizon has given that the text alert may be a little early is ridiculous.  What do I expect next?  And alert before the month's usage even starts?  I'm getting the sense that Verizon assumes that most people won't bother to check their accounts and will simply pay the extra fee to increase their data plans.  Clever trick.  Anyone out there get a more realistic response?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: False data overage alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Erikajas,

Oh my! We always want you data usage alerts to be accurate. Are you comparing the alerts to the information displaying in MyVerizon? Usage displayed in MyVerizon maybe delayed 24-48 hours. The data alerts include a date and time stamp. Did you change your plan recently? The alert may be based on a partial allowance.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
aggromethod

I, too am having the same problem... Hope you guys fix this soon. I don't want this to take affect on my bill!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this issue aggromethod! No known issues exist with data reporting as per my resources. What specific issues are you encountering? What is your device model? Please visit this link http://vz.to/18BoO3K to manage your data alerts. You can also monitor data usage by calling #DATA on your Verizon Wireless phone at any time.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
chaplinuscg1

I also have the same issue and I just changed plans. If the is a prorated amount it was not discussed when I changed and I have no idea what amount that is. I went from unlimited to 6gb. The plan has been in effect two days and I  find it hard to believe I have come to 90% usage already.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chaplinuscg1,

We do not want you to have to worry about overage charges. Was your plan changed in the middle of your bill cycle or backdated to the beginning? Was the plan change made online or via a representative on the phone or in store? If you dial #DATA how much data does it show has been used?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Orris39

I just got off the phone with one of Verizon  wirelesses customer support supervisors. She simply put the phone down and walked away when I noted that I have been receiving these alerts, harassing my family about usage and increasing my levels, as well as adding on a Parent Control...all because of these handy alerts. I guess I fell for it! Just like many people have...just text YES for a simple 2GB upgrade to avoid the overage. Well surprise to me, when I opened up my account to see just what is going on to find that we have only consumed a fraction of the 6GB currently on my system, No I haven't changed my account this month with the exception of adding on Parent Controls which I obviously don't need now. VERY VERY VERY VERY Disappointed....a 19 year customer of wireless through Verizon. This issue wreaks of slimy business practice.

0 Likes