Do all parents monitor teens phone?
MITBER17

We're about to give our kids (11 and 13) phones and our 15 year old has one.  We never thought to install monitoring software on his, but feel we really need to with the youngers.  But I realize I've never talked to another parent about this! Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do all parents monitor teens phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am sure some parents do and some don't.  There are also other parents who wait until their child is older and more mature before getting them a phone.  Some will start the child on a prepaid phone to limit how much the phone can be used.  You can also start with a basic phone first to see if they show responsibility to not lose it or break it.  Other parents setup rules for allowing their child to have their own phone with clear consequences if the child breaks any of those rules and consistent follow through on the actions of the parent if the child does break a rule.

The biggest thing you have to remember is while the child might be using the phone, the financial responsibility of purchasing the device and paying for the service is on the owner of the account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Do all parents monitor teens phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MITBER17, this is a very valid concern. I have a 13 year old and I have set up a tracking feature on the device. He has had the device for two years and this has been of great assistance. We offer a feature called Family Base. I would ask that you review the feature for your monitoring of your child. Please click https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/accountholder/uc/ShowManageFamilyBase.action .

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes