Discord app and Smart Family
mikeb6599

what other setting must be unchecked besides discord in the 'social media/messaging' for it to work with smart family?

0 Likes
Re: Discord app and Smart Family
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your apps work with Smart Family mikeb6599. Were you able to contact the developer?

0 Likes
mikeb6599

no. I had no issue with discord after I unpaired the phone from smart family.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to provide guidance. Please send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
dflett

Not working for my son’s phone. We enabled it in the messaging category but it still cannot connect. Verizon should test their settings as this one certainly does not seem to work out the box. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Are you having trouble with any other app? What error message do you get? ~Christian

0 Likes
waellerbe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello @vzw_customer_support  Does Verizon still have a Discord app available? If so I would like to volunteer as a Beta Tester. I have 2 years of experience with Discord, and I welcome the opportunity to support a potential project. Thank you for your consideration.

0 Likes
Discord and Smart Family
Hansenjd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with my son's phone. Discord app just says "Connecting..." forever and doesn't work. His other apps seem to work fine. 

For now, I've removed all content filters. I'd previously tried to enable Discord individually and that didn't work either. We've also restarted the phone.

For what it's worth, he's able to use Discord through a web browser, but that's not a great long-term solution.

Is there a solution for this?

Re: Discord and Smart Family
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Hansenjd ,

Discord is certainly a popular app to use for gaming, and when it comes to Smart Family's content filters, you would need to adjust that through the Smart Family app: https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-smart-family/#block-unblock-websites . Are you able to use the Discord app when removing all content filters? If so, then adding filters one at a time will let you see which one Discord is classified as. -Russell

0 Likes
Re: Discord and Smart Family
Xanthi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whitelisting all the URLs used by Discord seemed to fix my son's android app:

https://www.netify.ai/resources/applications/discord

• discord.com
  • discord.gg
  • discord.media
  • discordapp.com
  • discordapp.net
  • discordstatus.com