Child's phone will not pair with Smart Family
UNCPHRMD

My son's phone will not pair with my Smart Family app. He has an iphone 7 and is running the Companion app version 1.5.2.  I have sent multiple texts to reconnect, with no success in receiving the text.  Please help!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Child's phone will not pair with Smart Family
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry you are having trouble with the SmartFamily App. I have had similar problems myself and I had to reinstall the apps myself. I would recommend that you remove the App from both phones temporarily, make sure the iPhone 7 has no current restrictions in place (Settings> General> Restrictions), then after re-adding the SmartFamily Apps back on re-start both devices.

Tina_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UNCPHRMD, I am very sorry to hear about the unexpected troubles you are having with your son's iPhone 7 not being able to pair with your Smart Family App. I know how concerning this can be and I will be more than happy to make sure that you are on the right path to getting his device to work with Smart Family successfully. Can you please describe what happens when you send the texts for his device to accept Smart Family? When he goes to Settings and taps onto Messages, is the Send as SMS switch on? Is he able to receive text messages from all devices that text him okay? You can click on the link below to view the directions on how to pair the parent and child devices with the Verizon Smart Family App. I thought this would help as well.

http://spr.ly/6583DfwNP

Brett_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hrledbetter

I have the same issue but the pairing was successful on one of my kids phones (same phone models - iphone SE).

I keep getting the error "Something went wrong, please try again" .

0 Likes
hrledbetter

Issue resolved, there was a Block against Text Messages to that device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that your Smart Family has been resolved Hrledbetter. We are always here if you ever need support. www.vzw.com/support AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
seanlucero

how did you remove the block?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Customers are able to remove and add blocks for the lines on the account from My Verizon. The link below has tons of additional details on how to change blocks from the account online. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/

ZackC_VZW

0 Likes
AJR5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out where all the text messages were going when trying to pair. They somehow ended up in the phones blocked messages folder. On samsung open messages =>three dots at top right=>settings=>block numbers and messages =>blocked messages. I hope this helps somebody avoid wasting hours troubleshooting.  This was on a phone setup on a kids only plan.

0 Likes
ninjamama3

After reading that the Droid was putting the Verizon message in a block file, I went into my son's iPhone's list of blocked numbers and unblocked all numbers that appear to be a system-generated number (example: 4-402, 885-1, 900080002050). The winner for me was 900080002050, once I unblocked that number and resent the request his phone received the text message and I could load the app.

0 Likes