Can i block a number from my son's phone without him knowing?
CODYL35

I want to block a number from contacting him but I don't want him to know that I blocked it.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can i block a number from my son's phone without him knowing?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes but he may figure out that a block was put in place after not being able to call or text that number

View solution in original post

deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes but he may figure out that a block was put in place after not being able to call or text that number

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can block up to 5 numbers on the account with our free blocking feature. You would just need to add it to your account and add the number you want to block. Our Family Base also comes with the ability to block more numbers, times when you would not like a member to use their device and other great features. It would not directly tell your child that the number is blocked however, they may figure it out if they're able to contact that person with other features like Facebook's messager, Twitter, Snapchat or in person.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

stef7
Master - Level 2

I have to agree with deloused. children and young adults will quickly determine there is blocking involved. If there is mutual desire to continue texting, they'll likely use another application to accomplish communication.

While, I'm not sure secretive restrictions is the way to go long-term, only you, the parent know the intricacies of the situation you face with your son and the other party.

0 Likes