Can I restrict data without FamilyBase?
wauters
Enthusiast - Level 1

Familybase sucks if you are "off network"  You have to reenter the phone number you are calling every time.  That has caused some issues in an situation where I was in care of a friends child who got hurt.  I was trying to call the parents, and yes I don't have their number memorized becasue they are a saved contact in my phone.  I had to reenter the phone number and they didn't pick up, so I tried calling them back and of course had to reenter the phone number and look at my contacts while doing so, while trying to drive to the doctor.  Very very inconvenient and potentially dangerous.

I only had Familybase to keep my account from going over on data, really to restrict my children's data.

Is there another option with Verizon to only restrict data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I restrict data without FamilyBase?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wauters, I am so sorry to hear that you were in an emergency situation where you had to deal with this! I can understand why you would be frustrated.We do have a few other options you may wish to consider. With our new Verizon plans, you can activate Safety Mode to prevent overages and use the device at reduced speeds. This may work better in your situation. Take a look here: http://spr.ly/6580BIJr0

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I restrict data without FamilyBase?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wauters, I am so sorry to hear that you were in an emergency situation where you had to deal with this! I can understand why you would be frustrated.We do have a few other options you may wish to consider. With our new Verizon plans, you can activate Safety Mode to prevent overages and use the device at reduced speeds. This may work better in your situation. Take a look here: http://spr.ly/6580BIJr0

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes