Blocking toll free numbers
bwprater

I would like to be able to block entire area codes so that I do not have to accept any calls from marketers, bill collectors, or other spammers. This might include all 888, 866, 800, or any other area code. How can I do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking toll free numbers
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Debbelle for the feedback & suggestions!

bwprater,

I can understand the need to block unwanted soliciting callers, companies and spammers!  I would like to explain the Call & Messaging Block capabilities, as well as the Do Not Call List Procedures.

Account Members with access to My Verizon can block up to five ten-digit phone numbers from unwanted incoming calls and messages for 90 days.  Limited to five 10-digit phone numbers only.  Verizon Wireless Financial Services Call Center or collection agency numbers cannot be entered or blocked.  International numbers may not be added.  Other numbers on the account should not be added.

It is illegal for other companies to make telemarketing calls to Verizon Wireless customers using either an automatic dialing system, or an artificial voice or prerecorded message.  It is legal, however, for other companies to make live telemarketing calls to Verizon Wireless customers.  If a you are receiving such calls, you have the option of filing a complaint regarding the matter with the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) or FTC (Federal Trade Commission).  We can add you to the Do Not Solicit List at VZW, or you can call directly at: 888-382-1222 to have your wireless mobile number added.

Let me know if this answers your questions & concerns!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Debbelle

There is a 'Do Not Call' number for cell phones that is supposed to eliminate those kinds of calls (well, at least telemarketers). I don't know, off-hand, what the number is - but someone on here should know. Or, you could google it.

When I get a call from a number that I don't want to answer in the future, I put it in my contact list and label it as: Do Not Answer A, Do Not Answer B, Do Not Answer C....etc., etc. Then I know not to answer it the next time. However, if you have vm, it doesn't stop them from leaving a message. My vm is full, so I don't have to worry about that!!!!!!!

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Debbelle for the feedback & suggestions!

bwprater,

I can understand the need to block unwanted soliciting callers, companies and spammers!  I would like to explain the Call & Messaging Block capabilities, as well as the Do Not Call List Procedures.

Account Members with access to My Verizon can block up to five ten-digit phone numbers from unwanted incoming calls and messages for 90 days.  Limited to five 10-digit phone numbers only.  Verizon Wireless Financial Services Call Center or collection agency numbers cannot be entered or blocked.  International numbers may not be added.  Other numbers on the account should not be added.

It is illegal for other companies to make telemarketing calls to Verizon Wireless customers using either an automatic dialing system, or an artificial voice or prerecorded message.  It is legal, however, for other companies to make live telemarketing calls to Verizon Wireless customers.  If a you are receiving such calls, you have the option of filing a complaint regarding the matter with the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) or FTC (Federal Trade Commission).  We can add you to the Do Not Solicit List at VZW, or you can call directly at: 888-382-1222 to have your wireless mobile number added.

Let me know if this answers your questions & concerns!

0 Likes