Blocking Data / Safety Mode
NEICOL3

Hello,

New to Verizon Smart Family...

Does putting a data limit on a phone, put the phone into safety mode once it reaches it limit? Or is the data just completely off? We use Life 360, and that uses data, so we want to be sure we can still track our son.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking Data / Safety Mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NEICOL3, being able to keep an eye on your son is of the utmost importance. Knowing how data limits work with regard to managing data on your account is essential. I'd be glad to help you iron out the wrinkles.

Putting a data limit on a device will put a hard stop to cellular data usage once it reaches the set limit. When the hard stop is in effect, the Life 360 app will only work when there is Wi-Fi available. Does this help clear up the details? 

GinaU_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NEICOL3

Hello,

If I want to be able to locate him with his phone, and have the locator for

Smart Family, will that also shut off if he has no data?

Thank you.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 3:57 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The device you are trying to locate will need a data connection to do so. JesseM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes