Block data access
Ashleywhip24

Is it possible for me to block data access for a single line on my account? I only want my daughter to be able to call, text, and take pictures, and it seems that even if I downgrade her to a flip phone, she'll still have access to data where there are available WiFi networks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Block data access
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ashleywhip24 -

Great question! Having control over what your daughter can access certainly sounds reasonable and understandable to me! Most basic phones do not have WIFI capabilities. Only our newer 4G LTE basic phones typically have a setting for WIFI. We have the ability to put a data block on a basic phone.

If you prefer to allow her to use a smart phone, these will all have the ability to connect to WIFI and we cannot change that. WIFI control is a device setting implemented by the manufacturer and WIFI itself is not controlled by a wireless carrier. As far as from a data perspective, we cannot block data all together as a smart phone requires it to function properly. With that being said we have a feature called FamilyBase. This allows you to set limits and control how much, and when she can access data without restricting the background data the phone uses for operational purposes. Learn more about FamilyBase here: http://vz.to/2q4Bm2A.

EricaC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Block data access
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ashleywhip24 -

Great question! Having control over what your daughter can access certainly sounds reasonable and understandable to me! Most basic phones do not have WIFI capabilities. Only our newer 4G LTE basic phones typically have a setting for WIFI. We have the ability to put a data block on a basic phone.

If you prefer to allow her to use a smart phone, these will all have the ability to connect to WIFI and we cannot change that. WIFI control is a device setting implemented by the manufacturer and WIFI itself is not controlled by a wireless carrier. As far as from a data perspective, we cannot block data all together as a smart phone requires it to function properly. With that being said we have a feature called FamilyBase. This allows you to set limits and control how much, and when she can access data without restricting the background data the phone uses for operational purposes. Learn more about FamilyBase here: http://vz.to/2q4Bm2A.

EricaC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes