A problem with family base
Timothyb196
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello. I wanted to let Verizon know of a problem I have found with the Family Base feature. A few months ago, I signed up for Family Base in order to block a few spam phone numbers that were calling me repeatedly. About a month or so ago, my daughter began getting the same type of calls, so I added her phone to the Family Base as well. Ever since then we have been getting a message whenever we tried to place a call. The message would say, "please re-enter the 10 digit number you are trying to call. Do not press send". For me, this would only happen in certain areas, such as while at work, or in areas where I was using roaming cell towers. But on my daughter's phone, she would get that message no matter where she was. I just turned off Family Base, and now her phone is back to working normally. We would like to keep Family Base, however making a 'hands free' call while driving is impossible, and using features such as speed dial or voice dial wouldn't work either. If this bug is fixed in the future, I would like to have Family Base back, but for now, we have to turn the feature off.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: A problem with family base
Babrams819

I have this same problem!! Did you ever figure this out?

0 Likes
Re: A problem with family base
Timothyb196
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only thing I could do was to cancel my Family Base, and turn it off. I don't know if they've found a way to fix this or not. Sorry.

0 Likes