why can't i text message through message +
Magnum12

I can't text message through message + anymore it worked fine yesterday but to specific person it wont work but it will work for everybody else.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why can't i text message through message +
JAYSHO5

I have the same issue.  Tech support said they have been inundated with this problem.  He had me go into settings>applications>Verizon messaging.  Press disable, return to factory settings.  Wait 30 seconds and press the enable button.  Go to apps and open Verizon messaging app.  It will ask if you want to restore messages.  I said no, otherwise it will restore all texts from the past 90 days.  Your texts will now work.  This essentially rolls back the app to a previous update.  Use this until they fix the issue.  Be careful not to update the app until they release the fix.  It will say there is an update available but that is the flawed update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your messaging to be problem free, Magnum12. There has been a new version of the app released. Please ensure the app is up to date and attempt to send texts to the contact you were having problems with. Please keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAYSHO5

The update dated February 3 still has the same issue.

When I try to text one certain contact it is sent as "chat", and he doesn't receive my text though I receive his texts.  All other texts sent to other contacts are sent as "SMS" and they receive my texts fine.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fourth update issued 2/4/17:

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.4

0 Likes
JAYSHO5

I just installed the update dated February 4 and it still has the same issue.  Some texts are being sent as "chat" and others as "SMS".  The texts sent as "chat" are not received and the ones sent as "SMS" are.

Is there a setting in the app to change chat to SMS?

Very frustrating.  I don't want to change messaging apps but I may have to if this cannot be resolved quickly.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, I've seen at least one other post that said that the latest update didn't resolve their issue, either. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAYSHO5, that’s really strange to have this continue even after the February 4th update. As we aren’t giving up on fixing this, I recommend a reset of the Verizon Messages app. Here’s how it’s done on the Samsung Galaxy: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203565/
If you find these steps don’t work for your device, just let us know the make and model of the phone you’re using.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes