why ar we able to only send 160 character txts
Slightlyticked

Is there anyway to get around the 160 characters in a text because i dont know about you but it makes me angry. the person on the other side is always left hanging and wondering what u are going to say. Plus most of the other mobile services will just send 2 txts instead of cutting it off

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: why ar we able to only send 160 character txts
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
It is what Verizon has deemed as the limit on the number of characters. I know other Carriers allow for multi-part messages, but as of this time, there's nothing that can be done. There always could be something in the works to change this.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Send it as a MMS message. This should allow you to enter up to 1,000 characters.

0 Likes
freedkid

Ok... Honestly. This is the ONLY complaint I have with verizon, along with their phones costing too much that is. Other Carriers have really cheap phones, AND they let them send multiple 160 character messages. I'll have to stop after 160 and send that one, wait till the screen says "message sent" and then open another one and reply again. So you have like a min. between the two messages. This is the most aggravating thing that could possibly happen. Along with the messages always interrupting what i'm doing.

I REALLY WISH THEY WOULD FIX THIS!!! 

0 Likes
BeautifulDay

This is such an extremely annoying limit.  One friend with whom I text with often has a different wireless carrier.  Often, I will get two or three texts right in a row.  They all originated as one message and his carrier automatically sent it as three different messages.  However, Verizon only sends the first 160 characters to non-Verizon customers.  Then we get a text that it only sends the first 160 characters.  Extremely irritating and such an inconvineince.

I really hope Verizon reads these boards and does something about this.
0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2
Well, text messages are supposed to be SHORT, hence SMS (Short message service) :smileywink:
0 Likes
mmmcheezy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hear, hear.

If you can't say it within the span of one text message...call them.  Please.  Save the ones recieving five text messages in the span of five seconds the frustration.

0 Likes