vzwpix gateway not working
plot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having trouble getting messages to go through as of this morning. I get a server response saying:

554 vzw-ibgw-6003a.stratus.cloudmark.com cmsmtp ESMTP server not available - POL102 - IxYNjf4ua3pbF

This is via gmail smtp. 

Re: vzwpix gateway not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello plot,

We always want you to be able to communicate, and I'm sorry to learn of any issues with your Gmail. I'm happy to assist you today. Tell me, do you have another email account (with Gmail, or any other type of email)? If so, are you able to send using that? Are you receiving emails on your Gmail account? Please share these details, thank you.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
MikeForshock
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sending for Gmail, I get the same issue to any Verizon number. (Vtext and Vzwpix)

No issues with other carriers email-to-text.

The response from the remote server was:

554 vzw-ibgw-5003a.stratus.cloudmark.com cmsmtp ESMTP server not available - POL102 - JhwEjsxKXbLHp

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that additional information MikeForshock. We appreciate any additional details you can provide regarding your experience with this matter. Has this issue always occurred for you? If not, do you recall when the issue began happening?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
plot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Christina, thanks for getting back to me. I was unaware you had responded. I stopped trying the  gateway with a configured alias username (i.e. [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]) and switched to using the cell number directly @vzwpix.com (using a different SMTP server than Gmail) and it has been working since. 

For what it's worth, I just tested it and the [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] gateway is working now via gmail. Not sure what the problem was, seems like it didn't like gmail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

plot, 

I'm thrilled to hear things are working for you now. We want to make sure you get the most from all of our services. Do you have any other questions or anything else we can help with at the moment?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes