vtext no loger working from mail server.
dthanos
Enthusiast - Level 2

any ###@vtext.com is no longer working from our nagios server.

Jan  5 06:41:54 postfix/error[10516]: 418881FEF: to=<#########@vtext.com>, relay=none, delay=193616, delays=193616/0.02/0/0.02, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred (delivery temporarid: lost connection with smtp-sl.vtext.com[69.78.67.53] while receiving the initial server greeting)

Please advise?

-Dion

Labels (1)
Re: vtext no loger working from mail server.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dthanos,

Let's look into this! Did you receive this text message or do you receive an error when attempting to send a VText? Please clarify.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dthanos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never recieve the text messages and they get stuck in my message server queue.

As soon as I try to connect I do not recieve a helo message.

I try to telnet on 25 to your message server

root@# telnet smtp-sl.vtext.com 25

Trying 69.78.67.53...

Connected to smtp-sl.vtext.com.

Escape character is '^]'.

Connection closed by foreign host.

root@#

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dthanos,

Thanks for the additional details! Is Nagios the email server that you are using at work? Did you make any recent changes to the server ports or security? Are you able to send a @vtext.com message using a different email client like gmail, hotmail, etc?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
dthanos
Enthusiast - Level 2

The nagios server send out directly to vtext.com, If I send out from a different email server on our network (that has a different public ip) the @vtext goes through. The Nagios server can send email to anywhere but @vtext.com  The nagios servers public ip seems to be blocked by you. I don't want to post public IP addresses for security reasons.

-Dion

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We fully understand your position dthanos! Does an error occur everytime you attempt to use the nagios server? Has this ever been successful with @vtext.com? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
dthanos
Enthusiast - Level 2

It used to work successfully. I get the straight disconnect every time I try to send a message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for additional details, dthanos. When did this begin to happen? My deductive reasoning leads me to believe that something  has changed with our VText and the specific server, but I need more details from you so we can get to the bottom of it.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dthanos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Months ago.

-Dion

0 Likes
mattbell89

Our company's server stopped sending to @text.com today as well. Our software sends out conditional alerts to users. It was working fine last night, and it still sends to @txt.att.net and other networks, but not @vtext. I'm trying to find someone who can help resolve this. If a there is a private support email I can send the IP info.

0 Likes