Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
verizon messages app keeps saying I have unread messages and then texts wont show in the list....plus while in a conversation it will start scrolling while i havent even touched the screen please help!
teenycupcake

I had to reformat my note 4 the other day because 2 buttons were not working. Now it is working fine however the verizon messaging app is being very buggy. First it keeps listing as if I have 200 some unread text messages it took me 10 min to clear that. Then as I get a new text it wasn't showing in the "conversation list" but rather only in the notification upper window. Then as I clicked in a text message it would start scrolling when I was not even touching the screen! Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon messages app keeps saying I have unread messages and then texts wont show in the list....plus while in a conversation it will start scrolling while i havent even touched the screen please help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Teenycupcake

This is very strange behavior for that application. Since you performed a factory reset, have you checked to make sure all of your apps are up to date? Go to the play store >> my apps and check if any are pending update still.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: verizon messages app keeps saying I have unread messages and then texts wont show in the list....plus while in a conversation it will start scrolling while i havent even touched the screen please help!
Not applicable

HI ChristopherM and Teenycupcake,

Here are 2 suggestions that I am sharing on Play Store that might  help.

1 Clear the app  cache (Settings, Apps Manager, 'Verizon Messages', 'clear cache') to clean it .

2 If you can, pull back the SIM CARD from its locked position. Then, power down. Reinsert SIM CARD,  then power on.

Please email us at VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com for  additional help.

0 Likes