typing slow on windows 10
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

When typing in Messages on win10 laptop, the keyboard becomes very slow in responding.  What should I look for to alleviate the situation?

Thanks,

RONC

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: typing slow on windows 10
DobieG
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you using the native Windows 10 app from the Windows Store or the

desktop downloand from Verizon? I've had better luck with the desktop

download.

0 Likes
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using the app.  I could go back to web page but this looks and almost acts same as on tablet and phone.

They should fix the app.

RONC

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI rechmbrs.

With regard to your message, try uninstalling, then reinstalling the Win10 app from the Windows Store.  The app uses the keyboard on your PC, so I'm perplexed as to why there is a lag.

A fresh install should fix this.

Thanks!

ALIEM_VerizonMessages

0 Likes
iamdamessenger
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem on two separate desktops.  The problem is that the app is a resource hog.  When it was installed on my laptop I allowed it to go to sleep.  Then when I woke it up to use it, it did not become useable at all until I forceably rebooted it.  I uninstalled the app and never had the problem again.  I tried using it several months ago with the same issue so I uninstalled it and just tried again a couple of weeks ago hoping it had been fixed. The other computer (at work) has 16GB or RAM, an Intel Xeon CPU E5-2637 v2 @3.5 GHz (2 processors) and Message Plus also brought it to it's knees.

I complained about my problem to Verizon but the person that looked at my issue apparently doesn't speak English or is a technically challenged person who shouldn't be working in the field.  I described my problem as being a CPU hog and the technician seemed to think I was complaining about storage space or something.  The last reply I got from them did not allow me to reply so I guess they didn't want to hear from me about it anymore.  Anyway, I am still using the web application.  I can't believe other people aren't complaining about this but maybe they are just silently going back to the web app which works fairly well.

0 Likes
DobieG
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issues here. I went to the web app and have never been happier!

Notifications work, sync works, typing works. I didn't care for the

Windows 10 app nor the desktop app. Give the web app a try...?!? Smiley Happy

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 8:45 AM iamdamessenger <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes