texting from long distance
bruce
i am goin on a trip soon but i dont no if ill get charged for texting or calls from where i am going to be at i do know that i will be roaming there so how much is it going to cost me or should i even bring my phone with
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: texting from long distance
Cobalt
Contributor - Level 1
Text messaging usage while outside of the United States is generally billed at $.50/message sent, $.05/message received.  If you're not leaving the United States, then you won't incur any roaming fees on messaging.
0 Likes
bruce
i dont have unlimited texting or calling so will that change anything about getting charged for texting? and wut about calling
0 Likes
Cobalt
Contributor - Level 1
If you don't have a text plan, text messages are billed $.20/message and picture/video messages are billed $.25/message while in the United States.
0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

The standard per minute rate for long distance to Canada is $.49 cents /minute. You can get a International Long distance value plan for 3.99/month that brings that rate down to $.9 cents per minute.

As long as you have a plan for texting it will count against your allowance for domestic text messages.

0 Likes
cost for international texting
mcwolves32
Okay so yeah how much does it cost per text recieved/sent on both ends to a verzion phone that is on vacation in mexico?
0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

Cobalt wrote:
Text messaging usage while outside of the United States is generally billed at $.50/message sent, $.05/message received.  If you're not leaving the United States, then you won't incur any roaming fees on messaging.

0 Likes
Cobalt
Contributor - Level 1
If you wish to use messaging while roaming outside of the United States, it would be suggested to call Verizon Wireless Customer Service to add the 'international dialing' feature to your mobile number.  Without this feature, your phone won't function to send/receive information while roaming.  After the feature is added, it would be imperitive to update the roaming capabilities of your phone while within the Verizon Network by dialing *228 and choosing option 2 at the prompt.  Without following these steps, it's unlikely your phone will receive service while in Mexico.
0 Likes