texting charges
penelope0511
I had a question. When I went to update my plan I recently added texting. However, when I asked the rep at the store about it I was instructed that if I did not open the text that was sent to me that it does not count towards my usage. So, I was keeping track of the text that I used (since I only have 250 texts per month) and I just logged in to check my usage online and compare. I have WAY more received text listed online than I do from actually counting. I was wondering if they still counted even if I did not open them or what was going on?!? If someone could please help that would be great.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: texting charges
lrando1
Contributor - Level 1
I believe the texts count as soon as the phone receives them. I don't think it matters whether you open it or not.
0 Likes
abarnyard83
Enthusiast - Level 3

txt messages are chrged as soon as you press sent to send out a message & you are charged for ANY & ALL recv messages, as soon as your phn recv messages you are chrged or if you hav a bundle it comes out of messages. So rep misinformed you.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Text messages count as received whether you open them or not.  You may want to consider paying the extra $5 to the $10 plan for unlimited Verizon texting and 500 additional texts and backdate it to the first day of your billing cycle so it will cover all your texting for the cycle.  Figure out how much texting you will do and and get a plan that will work for you.
0 Likes