text blocking: Feature suggestion
brentbc

I've been looking around for info about text blocking. I have the information already that I can either block all texts, block up to 5 numbers (but have to "re-block" periodically), or pay cost of 25 texts  ($4.99) to block 20 numbers. None of those fits my needs. What I need is an "allow only" feature. I want to submit a list of approved numbers that I will accept a text from (family, certain friends, etc) and block everything that's not on the list.

Brent

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text blocking: Feature suggestion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi brentbc. It sounds like you've checked into all the great text block options. I've submitted feedback about the great idea to have an "allow only" list option for text messages, so you can pick a few friends or family to always receive text messages from but block out everything else.

You didn't mention what type of phone you have. Just a thought... If you have a smartphone where you receive email to the device, you can choose to block all text messages and then have important texters take a note to send those 2-3 important text messages to your email address instead of your cell phone number.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

How many texts would you think you would send and receive from you Family and Friends a month?

0 Likes
brentbc

My family and friends know that unless it's important, I'll charge them a quarter for every text they send me. They only send them (important texts) every few months, but normally it's 2 or 3 at a time when a phone call would be too loud and disturbing. I can't afford to miss those 2 or 3 that happen every few months. But I can't afford the 3 or 4 I get from strangers every month. I know, it's just a dollar, but every dollar counts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi brentbc. It sounds like you've checked into all the great text block options. I've submitted feedback about the great idea to have an "allow only" list option for text messages, so you can pick a few friends or family to always receive text messages from but block out everything else.

You didn't mention what type of phone you have. Just a thought... If you have a smartphone where you receive email to the device, you can choose to block all text messages and then have important texters take a note to send those 2-3 important text messages to your email address instead of your cell phone number.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

brentbc wrote:

My family and friends know that unless it's important, I'll charge them a quarter for every text they send me. They only send them (important texts) every few months, but normally it's 2 or 3 at a time when a phone call would be too loud and disturbing. I can't afford to miss those 2 or 3 that happen every few months. But I can't afford the 3 or 4 I get from strangers every month. I know, it's just a dollar, but every dollar counts.

Thats by and far the cheapest thing I ever heard of. You cant afford the 2 or 3 that happen every few months. are they alerting you to the death of a family member, or double coupons at the store? cheap gas? You charge them for texts? do they actually pay this? are you all from another galaxy where this practice is allowed? do you use that extra dollar to buy cookies, perhaps?  I mean that in jest, obviously, but if its really that important to you, just block text altogether and have them leave you a voicemail (which uses minutes) and call them back.

0 Likes