sending texts but not sending texts nor receiveing them?
subscreecher

I have the original Motorola Droid. For some reason starting Wednesday (Jan 4) morning I've been able to text a few people who have Verizon and I have received texts back from them. I also have received a few calls as well. But when I send a text to a friend who has AT&T, my phone show's that the text was sent but the person says they never received it and that they texted me and I have not received their text either. I even tried to call the person, and it rings on my end, but not on theirs so I just get their voicemail. What is going on? Is this still because of the 4G problem or what? I am REALLY unhappy right now. I am not able to upgrade my phone until May and have not yet been able to call Verizon about it. I found a few posts where people have had similar problems, but no real solutions. Verizon is the only provider available in the small town that I live in and I am really unhappy right now! Someone please give me a solution to try. I might not be able to contact customer service until after 4pm on Thursday (Jan 5) or even Friday (Jan 6) morning. If this is a Verizon network problem, I really think it should be fixed, and soon. I really don't know what to do and like I've already said, I am NOT happy!

Also, yes I have tried turning my phone off and on several times, and even removed the battery while it was off before turning my phone back on. It did nothing to solve the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: sending texts but not sending texts nor receiveing them?
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi there, subscreecher! Boy, I can tell that you're unhappy about this issue. I'm sorry you're experiencing such frustration. I can help resolve this. I can see that you've already done some troubleshooting, including working with your own phone and service. What I don't see here is what your friend's service provider has to say about this. I mention this because your phone shows that messages are sent, yet they aren't being delivered. I also say this because you are able to make the outbound call to your friend, but your calls are rolling to voicemail. Both of these indicate that your friend's phone is not able to receive calls or messages from you, rather than you being able to send them.

If you're still experiencing this issue, I would be very happy to review your calls and messages to see how best to resolve your concerns! Please let me know by replying to this thread. Thanks!

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
subscreecher

Considering he has other people on Verizon he texts besides me, and was able to text them, I figured it was probably me. Also, my phone will say a message failed, to anyone regardless of whether or not they have Verizon, so I'll try to send it again and then I'm asked why I sent the same message at least twice. I woke up to my phone vibrating this morning and it showed I had several text messages, one from my mom who uses a tracfone and a few from my friend with AT&T and some from Verizon users. I know the tower in the area will go down ocassionally and I know where I get service in my house and where I get zero service in my house and my phone was where I had service all day. I even have full service at work. I know there have been problems with trying to switch to the 4G network that have been affecting both 3G and 4G users so I wasn't sure if those problems were still continuing or not. As far as today, it seems to have been resolved somehow.

0 Likes
confused2

Its not just you, or your phone.  Samsung stratosphere has the same issue.  I am disgusted with the support given and the empty answers.

0 Likes