retrieving old messages (~10 years)
sudur
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to access text messages received on a verizon phone about 10 years ago.

I have read some people mention that to retrieve old messages, one needs a court order. Is this still the answer today?

And even if in theory I were to get a court order, do I have a prayer to get hold of these messages?

thanks much!

0 Likes
Re: retrieving old messages (~10 years)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sudur, we get the need to access your text messages from years prior. Going this far back may not be a possibility as text messages are only saved for a number of days. 

Please reference the link attached on how to contact our Verizon Security Assistance Team. Please note, Verizon Security Assistance Team will only accept valid legal demands (subpoena, court order or search warrant) for records. http://spr.ly/66061jGHk

Does this provide clarity?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: retrieving old messages (~10 years)
mama23dogs
Legend

@sudur wrote:

I need to access text messages received on a verizon phone about 10 years ago.

I have read some people mention that to retrieve old messages, one needs a court order. Is this still the answer today?

And even if in theory I were to get a court order, do I have a prayer to get hold of these messages?

thanks much!

In case that answer was not clear. Verizon probably has usage reports up to seven years back, it's very unlikely anything 10 years old is available. Usage reports include number date and time only. No carrier has any access to your text messages after they are delivered, that information is not saved and it is private

0 Likes