"size limit reached" error when trying to send picture messages
JCHANMAN33

I get an error that says size limit reached when trying to send picture messages, also I often can not see photos sent to me without first downloading them to my gallery. Going back to samsungs text service if I can't figure this out

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: "size limit reached" error when trying to send picture messages
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

What I think may be happening is that there is a limit as to how big of a file (data-wise) can be transmitted. For example, a 5 second long video of somebody smiling and saying "hello" contains much less data than a 30 minute video of a TV show.

So, if the pictures are high definition, they may be exceeding some preset data limit size.

0 Likes
JCHANMAN33

That's what I'm thinking but every other text message app in history would resize them for you and send it. Is there a way to do that in the app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JCHAMAN33,

We want to make sure you are using your messaging app in the best. Let’s get some details. Are you using the Message+? Does this happen with only pictures?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mtrox4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue and it is only with Messages+. Some received pictures show up right away (to include gifs) but most, I have to download to my gallery and view them there. 90% of my picture messages I try to send are too large and not automatically resized so they fail.