"recipient has insufficient funds to receive message"
pgreeves452
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter recently began receiving this message repeatedly.  It acts as if it was sent from her to her.   She is using an Iphone X.  We have unlimited calls, text, and data and have made no recent changes to the account.  Other customers who have had this problem indicate that it may have been associated with blocked callers, however my daughter has not recently blocked anyone.  Texting is otherwise apparently normal.  It's just that these repeated texts are annoying.  Any ideas

Re: "recipient has insufficient funds to receive message"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how much of a nuisance these messages can be. Do the messages contain any links in them? If so, has she clicked on any of the links? Are these messages coming from a short code? - AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
krambrose
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue - iPhone 11, never had it happen before. Haven't blocked anyone.

pgreeves452
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Checked with my daughter--No links attached to them.  How would we know if the messages were coming from short code?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would equally be shocked if I saw this happen Krambrose. You have reached the right person to help you. Are you getting the same message that the original person posted? When did all of this start? How much storage do you have? http://spr.ly/66041HcCA AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
iadave72
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started happening on my account last night, but only in our family group text message (MMS). There are 4 of us in the group chat. The 3 of us that are on Verizon all get messages from ourselves. My oldest daughter is on another provider and she does not get the message. I can text my wife or either one of my daughters as a single person to person message and none of us get the message. This only happens in our group message. This is getting very annoying. I don't know what updates happened that have caused this, but several things happened with the update that have angered me off. I'll deal with them, since I don't have much choice, but someone needs to address this issue.

LEK2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also had this same issue begin recently.  Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Verizon is carrier,  unlimited everything plan.   However, what I discovered is this:  --it started about a week ago, which was about a week after changing my default text app from Verizon's "Messsge +" to Google's "Message".  (Google Message is what comes on the phone as default, but I had never used it before this).   After looking for settings options to possibly increase text storage, etc. and not finding any, I deleted several old message threads, but it continued to happen.   Therefore, I went back to Verizon's Message + as default text app and within a couple of minutes, received EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE corresponding to when I got the "insufficient funds" messages under the Google app.  Further- every one of them were pictures (SMS).  Some were in group messages and others were just from an individual contact.   My issue had nothing to do with blocked numbers.   I don't even have any blocked numbers.   A friend with a Samsung phone who uses the Google Message app has NEVER had this problem,  but her carrier is AT&T.  

So this begs the question:  is Verizon limiting the number of SMS messages per contact or group message if we use a text app other than their's?   Does this info lead to other thoughts as to the reason this is happening to so many people?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LEK2, we definitely understand that receiving this message is a nuisance. We are investigating this problem to find a resolution as quickly as possible as this seems to be relating as a systematic glitch. Thank you for your patience as we get this worked out. AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
carriedodrill
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the same problem.  We have unlimited data and text and have not blocked anyone.  ALSO, we have learned that on occasion someone will send a text to my daughter and she never receives it.  Two people texted on Saturday and she didn't receive the messages, and my brother texted her something a couple of months ago that she never received.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Text messaging, both individually and in groups, has become a dependable way for me to stay in touch daily. It’s upsetting when things aren’t working correctly, carriedodrill, and we sincerely appreciate your patience (and that of others in this thread) while we worked on fixing the cause of this issue. Our network team recently fixed this issue. Please power the device fully off (not just a restart or sleep / wake cycle) and leave it off for a full minute or two. Power it back on and allow it to reconnect to all services. Let us know what happens.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes