"Could not parse the name card"
Wendy2k
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had a few contacts send me name cards, yet all Message+ says is "Could not parse the name card." Is there a fix for this?

Tags (1)
Re: "Could not parse the name card"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of ensuring your Message+ app is working the way it should Wendy2k. We are happy to help. What model phone are you using? Do you experience the same issue if you send the message through the native text messaging app on your phone? If you go to the Play Store on your device, does it show any available updates for the Message + app?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
Wendy2k
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9+, running on Android 9 (Pie). Since I bought this phone from Verizon, Message+ is the native text messaging app on this phone. The Play Store shows that my app is up to date.

N1N
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im hvaing the same issue. Did you ever figure out what happened and or how to fix?

mobealmighty

Same issue. I have the Moto edge plus...just started this yesterday

0 Likes
carharttgurl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue on 4 of my contacts. I have a Google Pixel 2XL phone. Is there a way to fix this issue?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! When was the last time that you updated the software on your phone? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Micheleh8717
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received this error message for the first time on a very important text message and I have the Google pixel 3a

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know, Micheleh8717. When did you received the error message?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
arode004

I have a Samsung galaxy s20 and I just received the same message from a contact for the first time. 

0 Likes