Re: pictures turn sideways
Misti0142

If you use the 3 dots that are on the angle instead of the plus sign to share the photos worked for me 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That helps to know. Have you been able to adjust any camera settings or do you see any auto rotation options being listed?

0 Likes
kawilkin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've just figured out that it's only when I use the choose the photo from the ones that pop up when you click the "+". If I choose gallery and select the same picture it goes through the correctly. 

Cyoke455
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pixel 5, everything up to date, cleared cache and reset my device to factory. Has been happening for a month or two.

Okay here's the deal... If you go into Google Photos and select a picture and click share and send it via message+ the picture is oriented correctly. If you hit the + button within the message+ app the picture sends 90° CCW. This only happens within the message+ app. The factory Google messages sends all pictures correctly. 

Jakesroberts
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any updates to this issue? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cyoke445, I can only imagine how frustrating this might be. Have you tried to uninstall and then re-install the app on your phone? - ErichC_VZW

0 Likes
CMK3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Cyoke sums it up perfectly. I have a Pixel 4a and if I select a picture WITHOUT going into my gallery it sends it rotated 90 degrees. If I go into my gallery and select the same picture it sends perfect. I have noticed if I take a screenshot and select it from the preview, not going into my gallery, it WILL send it correctly. Meaning not sent rotated 90 degrees. I have tried the uninstall and reinstall, clear the cache. This all started happening November 28th anytime before that it sent the pictures correctly without having to go to the gallery. 

Jakesroberts
Enthusiast - Level 3

I downloaded the app today and it is working correctly now.

0 Likes
Rocco59
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you  have a solution?????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to work with you toward a solution to the issue, Rocco59. Does this only happen in the Message+ app? Did the issue begin after any update or reset?

BrittanyR_VZW

0 Likes