Re: phone won't send text messages
ANGDAY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the current app v6.4.4 and it still doesn't work. The only way I can send a text message is through the Verizon website.

0 Likes
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

You proble both need to be on the Internet mines doing the same with me and my mother I've never had to have the Internet on to text before this is crazy I know how you feel I'm a coach for my daughters school and I communicate with my parents threw text!

0 Likes
ANGDAY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm connected through Wifi when I send my text messages.  Can you not be connected to Wifi anymore? If that's the case then we get screwed because we have to use up our data just to text.  No one else in my family has this issue, but me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Angday99,

We want to make sure you are all set with your messages. I use my phone to text all the time and I know how important it is to have it. To clarify, are you stating that you can not send a text while using WiFi services? What kind of phone do you have? Where you ever able to do this before?

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MISchwab4

I just uninstalled the update and then went into the Play Store App and got the most recent Verizon Messages. I hope this helps!

0 Likes
ANGDAY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone Samsung SM-G920V MMB29K.G920VVRS4CQA3 app vers 6.4.4. I can’t send text using the Wifi. I had to uninstall and re-install the app yesterday.  Everything has been working fine.  I turn on my Wifi at work and it won’t allow text messages to send.  I have to use my data in order for that to happen. This has always worked up until this last update.

Thank you,

Angie [Removed]

personal information  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
MISchwab4

Since I wrote that...I have had to uninstall the application and go back to

the original factory settings.

Lost the cool emoji but at least my texts are going through. Hopefully

there's a fix to this. Best - Melissa

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 10:44 AM, ANGDAY99 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mathursan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Angie - Does your outbound wifi only have issues at your work ? Are you able to use Wifi when at home ?

0 Likes
ANGDAY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just noticed at work since the update.  I will try it at home tonight with WIFI and see what happens.

Angie [Removed]

personal information  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got back from Verizon they said alot of the Samsung phones are the ones having the most problems ugh so there for we have to unstall the update so that's what I've done and it's back to what it was before

0 Likes