people calling me always get my voicemail
chrose3
Enthusiast - Level 1

people who try to call me complain that my phone rings twice, then goes to voicemail. I have checked all my settings and no numbers are blocked. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Re: people calling me always get my voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chrose3,

That is a little shorter then normal. How long have you known this has been going on? What phone are you using? Have you still been receiving calls normally?
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

so what causes this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pbug561, 

There can be several issues that cause this. Let's get to the bottom of this. Usually, the signal is a factor on when your phone does not ring on your end and your Voicemail picks up instead. Do you notice this happens with certain people or if you are in a certain location? What model phone are you using?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

It's happening on at least 3 phones, 2 Samsung S8+, one brand new Kyocera Dora Force Pro 2.  Good signal strength.  Does not matter where you are.  The typical pattern - you could have your phone in your hand.  It rings twice.  You can't pick it up no matter how fast you are - it will go to voicemail.  They call again.  This time you can pick up.  

I thought at first it was Verizons free anti spam thing - so we had it turned off on all our phones.  Did not fix the problem. 

It's been going on for months.  We speculate that it had something to do with Android 9, but we don't know that.  We can't find any settings on any of the 3 phones to cause this.  I've been in tech, working with and programming computers since the 1970's.  This has me baffled.

It also seems to be a fairly common problem on Verizon phones, making one wonder if this is some sort of head end problem. 

Whoever calls, whenever they call, 2 different phone types, nothing obvious.

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

And it does not matter who is calling.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's definitely worrying to see that calls are going straight to voicemail on 3 multiple devices regarding of the location and who is calling. We want to make sure that we help you find the root cause for these issues especially because you're able to pick up calls when you receive them the second time.
We would like to start by a trying a troubleshooting step that will help us make sure that your devices are in sync with our network. The following links will guide you through the process of performing a network settings reset on each of your devices.
Samsung Galaxy S8+: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211227/
Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-221424/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

This happens on 5 different phones - all running Android 9 and in different locations.  One of the phones is only 2 weeks in service, another several weeks.  Pattern is consistent, and it looks a lot like an anti spam tool intercepts the first call from a number.  Second works normally.  Happens in different locations, pretty much all on celluar.  And it sounds like something that Verizon or Android is inducing.  I've been in IT professionally since 1979, and I know there is something very strange going on here.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pbug561, does this happen with every mobile number that contacts you?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

Reminder - it's not just me, it includes everyone on my account.  5 phones.  And it does not seem to matter who is calling.  I get calls from a fair quantity of different numbers and the problem is pretty consistent.  It almost feels like an account setting considering that it affects all of us.