not receiving IMs from AIM
SteveLV702
Enthusiast - Level 3

Before when i was with AT&T people on AIM could send a IM to +1702******* and I would receive the IM as a text on my phone and could reply....  I just moved over to verizon and now when someone tries to send me a IM via AIM you get:

Auto-response from Steve: Your IM has been sent to my mobile device. When I receive it, I will be able to reply. Thanks for your IM! Want your IMs forwarded to your phone? Click here

Auto-response from Steven Lawrence: Your message could not be delivered. Please try again later.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: not receiving IMs from AIM
SteveLV702
Enthusiast - Level 3

SuzyQ wrote:
In order to receive and send messages via AIM, you need to install and use Mobile IM, or the AIM app on your iPhone. If you use the AIM app, it will use data; if you use Mobile IM, it will use texts.

HTH,

actually thats wrong you have to have a IM Client so send AIM-to-AIM messages  but a user on AIM can send a IM to your +1yourmobilenumber and will come through on your cell phone as a normal text message I have sent ton when with AT&T to my wife via AIM when to lazy to pull out my cell phone or if on charger..

Now wasn't working the other day on verizon but sent several this morning successfully so guessing that last week number just wasn't fully ported over from AT&T.....   

So all working good now..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
In order to receive and send messages via AIM, you need to install and use Mobile IM, or the AIM app on your iPhone. If you use the AIM app, it will use data; if you use Mobile IM, it will use texts.

HTH,
0 Likes
SteveLV702
Enthusiast - Level 3

SuzyQ wrote:

HTH,

actually thats wrong you have to have a IM Client so send AIM-to-AIM messages  but a user on AIM can send a IM to your +1yourmobilenumber and will come through on your cell phone as a normal text message I have sent ton when with AT&T to my wife via AIM when to lazy to pull out my cell phone or if on charger..

Now wasn't working the other day on verizon but sent several this morning successfully so guessing that last week number just wasn't fully ported over from AT&T.....   

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

SteveLV702 wrote:

actually thats wrong you have to have a IM Client so send AIM-to-AIM messages  but a user on AIM can send a IM to your +1yourmobilenumber and will come through on your cell phone as a normal text message I have sent ton when with AT&T to my wife via AIM when to lazy to pull out my cell phone or if on charger.. OK- -you are right - I misread and thought you were trying to send AND receive via AIM - - thanks for clarifying.

Now wasn't working the other day on verizon but sent several this morning successfully so guessing that last week number just wasn't fully ported over from AT&T.....   And that's prbably exactly what happened - glad it's working now!!

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

steve..how long did it take for it to start working again..i just ported my gf number over to verizon and we are having the same problem im trying to text her phone via aim and nothing is going through

and once it started working it stayed working?

0 Likes