myphone#@vzwpix.com vs. myphone#@vtext.com
brentgoss
Enthusiast - Level 1

At one time messages from my cell phone to an email address would be delivered as from "myphone#@vtext.com". Now, when I send a message from my iPhone to an email address it gets delivered as from "myphone#@vzwpix.com". What's most irritating about this is that the messages from "myphone#@vzwpix.com" are being delivered as a .txt file attached to a blank message. The recipient can't just read the message, but instead has to download the .txt file to their computer and open it using notepad.

How do I switch my verizon email address back to "myphone#@vtext.com" from "myphone#@vzwpix.com" ?

Labels (1)
Re: myphone#@vzwpix.com vs. myphone#@vtext.com
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a wonderful question, @brentgoss. I can certainly understand your concern towards how the message is being delivered. A message from vtext is seen as a typical or regular text message. A message from vzwpix is seen a multimedia message ( MMS). As the message is being sent from your iPhone, it is being recognized as a MMS which is why the message is being sent as vzwpix.

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TomHaws
Enthusiast - Level 1

So if I am SENDING to a Verizon phone, do I always use @vtext.com or @vzwpix.com?  I have a contact who seems to be never getting messages sent to @vtext.com

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@TomHaws,

Great question! Let me help find the answer.

Are you trying to send message via text or email? If your sending from your email you can send it to the ten digit number @vtext.com

I'm here if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
TomHaws
Enthusiast - Level 1

It looks like that is correct, and that the trouble was on my end.  Thanks!

0 Likes
jblswift

I have a VZ wireless account, as do my daughters in other states. they send me photos from their smartphones as "theirphonenumber@vzwpix.com" but when I try to open these on my PC, all I get is a Notepad text only and no photo. How do I correct this so I can view photos?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

jblswift wrote:

I have a VZ wireless account, as do my daughters in other states. they send me photos from their smartphones as "theirphonenumber@vzwpix.com" but when I try to open these on my PC, all I get is a Notepad text only and no photo. How do I correct this so I can view photos?

Are they sending the photos to your email address or to your phone?  What kind of phones do they have?

They should be able to send them to your email address from their phone - I've sent photos that way to people who have a small flip phone and pics don't show up very well, so I share them via email - a text message but sent to an email address.

Perhaps they can try sending them as an email attachment rather than a text message?

0 Likes
jblswift

One has a iPhone 5s and the other has a late model smartphone, not sure

which brand, and they are sending the photos directly to my gmail email

address. I cannot open on my Motorola RAZR or my PC... I only get the text

message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jblswift, pictures are worth a 1000 words. Here's more details regarding how to use our text messaging companion website that will address all of your concerns: http://vz.to/19TVyWQ

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
LList

You didn't answer the question. You merely repeated the exact problem. I see this was years ago. It just happened to me today. You guys still haven't fixed this issue??

0 Likes