Re: message plus wont scan qr codes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Batie. It is strange to hear the code is not being read when using the Verizon Messages, and we will make sure to help. Have you tried to restart both devices and then have the tablet read the code? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Windylindy1

I am at a loss just got a new tablet trying to get message plus on it, you send the code to my Verizon phone. I have both on wifi but tablet won't scan the code. Turned both off back on still won't.  Tablet is Samsung A7, my phone is Verizon note10 plus.

0 Likes
FixMessagesApp

In the same situation as Windylindy1.  Just got a Samsung A7 tablet, tried to scan the QR code that was sent to my phone and tablet wouldn't scan.  Called Verizon.  On the phone with tech support for about an hour.  Tech support doesn't have a clue about the Messages+ app.  The folks that deal with the app are unreachable.  After reading posts on this forum, apparently thiui s has been a problem since November, 2019.  Don't understand why it has to be a QR code that has to be used.  Anyone have any ideas that have worked?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Windylindy1 Congratulations on your new tablet. Let's make sure you can use message plus. Have you already added the tablet to your account?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to know more about this issue and see if we can provide a solution. Do you know if other QR codes are working on your phone? Please, Private Message us anytime for live agent support. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes
jvsantoro

I have the same issue with the A7 tablet. What do mean by " did you add the tablet to your account"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jvsantoro, we never want you to have any problems, so we're here to help. You stated that you have this issue on your A7 tablet. We do not have a A7 tablet. Can you please check the device again for the exact tablet name? The reason I'm looking to get the exact tablet name is so we can do troubleshooting. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when having this trouble or our data network? Is our tablet software up to date? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Pinballer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Verizon,

It is perfectly obvious that there are a lot of us who are having issues with this.  It is also perfectly obvious that the app itself has an issue.  I too am having issues and I am going to get very detailed in what has been done because all of the answers given have been very vague in how to fix the issue.

I got a new Samsung Galaxy A7 Tablet.  Model SM-T500.  Went into the play store and installed the Verizon Messages app.  Opened the app, clicked on "Start Messaging".  Allowed permissions for call, contact, and SMS Text.

The device name defaults to the device manufacturer and model number.  I enter my phone number and click next.  It then prompts me for permission to use the camera.  I allow access to the camera.  

I receive the QR code on my phone (Galaxy Note 😎 (SM-N950U).  I bring the QR Code up on my phone and try to scan it with the tablet's camera.  It just sits there and does absolutely nothing. 

In reading all of the posts in this forum, it sounds like most are having the same issue.  Please either fix the app, or allow another way to verify the account besides a QR Code that doesn't work!!!!!  This is very frustrating!

Ryan3530

Same problem, perfectly stated.  

0 Likes
duane_reinhardt

It seems that there may be hundreds, if not thousands of us preparing to return these devices, if this problem isn't corrected soon.  Recommend escalating, FAST!

0 Likes