message plus forwarding
MEETMCJR

Why can I no longer attach a text/comment with a forwarded text on message plus. And yes the phone/system and app are updated. And yes I can do this with the Samsung (S8plus) message app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: message plus forwarding
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details about the model of your phone and the app being up-to-date, MEETMCJR. We'll get this worked out for sure.

When trying to duplicate your experience, I long-pressed on the individual text message, then selected Forward from  the pop-up menu. Choosing this then opened a new message where it prompted me to enter in the contact to forward it to. I'm able to add more to the forwarded text at this moment as well.

Would you be able to provide us a screen shot of what you are seeing? Make sure to crop out all numbers from the picture.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JSPARA

I have the same question on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  The ability to add comments or images on a forwarded message seems to have disappeared within the last few months.

When I long-press a message to forward, I get this screen.  And select "Forward Message"...

verizonmsg1.png

Then, I can select other messages from the same contact if I want by clicking the radio buttons.  The "1" at the top indicates how many messages are selected.  Then I click the arc-arrow in the upper right-hand corner.

verizonmsg2.png

Finally, I choose a contact (or multiple) and click the big blue arrow at the bottom right-hand corner.  The message is sent but I never get to see it in a state that can be modified to add comments.

verizonmsg3.png

Please help.  This was a nice feature.

0 Likes
JAMISA11

I don't think davidH_vzw has his message+ app updated, because it certainly doesn't work that way any more.

I have the same problem you do. But, I found a workaround if you'd like:

Long press the message you would like to forward

Select COPY MESSAGE TEXT from the menu that pops up

Back up in the app and create a new text message to the person you'd like to forward to

Select contact to send new message to

In the TYPE A MESSAGE field, add text that you wanted to add to the forwarded message

After you have entered what you wanted to add to the message, long press that field again

Select PASTE to enter the copied message into this new message.

Then select the big, blue arrow to send this "forwarded" message on it's way.

Just like COPY AND PASTE anywhere else....

0 Likes
JSPARA

Thank you.  That's what I've been doing too when it's crucial to add comments/pics.  I just wish Verizon would acknowledge that they took away a useful piece of the process and fix it.

0 Likes
WIZZRED

I am having the same issue. I just stopped using Message+ altogether. I agree...Verizon needs to acknowledge the issue and fix it! Sad that an update wiped out a key functionality of the message app. To Verizon...have you made any progress on fixing the issue? BTW..

I have a S8.

0 Likes
MeMyself1

PLEASE FIX THIS! WHY WHEN SOMETHING ISN'T BROKE DO YOU BREAK IT! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MeMyself1, we certainly want to work toward a resolution. We would like to complete some steps to determine the best course of action. Please use the steps on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211228/ to reset the app. Do you experience the same problem after the reset?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes