Re: message+ pictures downloading
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand, LZMike. You'll automatically get a notification on your phone whenever a software update is available. For information on the software releases for your Note 9, please visit the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note9-update/#. 

UbaldoJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Carzignment

I have the same problem.my data is connected, my app is up to date and I can load anything on the internet. It started for me about 3 days ago.

0 Likes
Carzignment

Google Pixel here.i completely lose the message all together if it doesn't download. No memory problems. I deleted tons of messages and pictures to try to help, but still nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with pictures loading within Message+ on your Pixel, Carzignment. Picture text messages (MMS) are so fundamental these days and I'm happy to help get to the bottom of this with you as we don't want you to miss a single message. Is the Message+ app fully up to date? You can check for updates with these steps if needed: http://spr.ly/6607EmWZS We would also recommend resetting the app, here's how: http://spr.ly/6608EmWZs Please let us know your findings. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
BMG4ME
Contributor - Level 1

Just as a helpful suggestion, VZW Support, it really doesn't make me feel any better when I see those empathetic messages you always include at the start of a message because it makes it appear you are following a script (which is probably true).  I don't need to know that you understand how important it is to see the pictures, since I assume that was the case without you saying it!

I am also having this issue, where a picture was sent by my wife (who uses Sprint), in two messages - one as a group MMS and one directly to me.  In both cases, I cab see the picture in the Verizon Messages app on my Windows 10 PC, but not in the Message+ app on my phone.  Everything is set to automatically download images regardless of what connection I have.  The phone is a Motorola Droid Turbo running Android 6.  I understand this isn't exactly leading edge nevertheless I never had this issue in the past.  I know the image is being received since it's displayed in the Windows app.

The app is up to date and I don't want to reset my app as I'm pretty sure this would result in the messages (that I do see) being lost (is that true?).

Also despite my avatar label I am not a novice.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BMG4ME,

I definitely apologize if that comes off as fake. That's not what we want and we're not working on a script. Our goal is to make sure you know we understand where you are coming from and that we're glad to help. What do you see on the phone where those images should be? Have you received any other picture messages from your wife or other users since those messages were sent? Are you able to send picture messages to your wife or other users?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
kellyjo32

Had the same problem for months - this worked for me as well!!  Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Likes
kellyjo32

I should add (first time posting here - didn't realize it wouldn't post under the one I replied to) that the suggestion of making the Network switch from Global to LTE / CDMA fixed my issue immediately. Haven't had any problems since! Thanks to whomever suggested that!

0 Likes
MELLENA

S10 is in Optimized power mode. Several images stuck in Messages+

Images sent from Pixel phone, both on Verizon network. Happens frequently, but not every time. 2 images out of 5 sent came through. Can forward successfully from iPhone using Apple imessages

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want all of your messages to come through for you, MELLENA. We are here to help.

Did you phone get the message, but just did not download the pictures or were you never alerted to a new message at all? Is your phone typically, connected to Wi-Fi while not connected to our LTE service?

Does this issue happen only when you are at a certain location or does it happen everywhere? 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes