installing message+ windows 10
bodleyca

I upgraded a windows 8.1 tablet to windows 10, then tried to install message + on it. The app installs correctly, i can launch it enter the device name and phone number then click send me a text. it then pops up a message "unknown error generating pin" and i can either retry or cancel. retry just brings up same message, cancel closes the app.

any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: installing message+ windows 10
Not applicable

HI bodleyca,

If you installed the app from the Windows Store, please uninstall it and download it from Verizon home page ass illustrated on this User Guide.

PC APP

http://vz.to/1St0Z5S 

If the version you are having problems with IS from the Verizon home page, then please let me know. 

Thanks,

ALIEM

0 Likes
Tyezee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Installed message+ on a notebook pc with windows 10, from the verizon website, and am getting the same error messages as bodleyca

0 Likes
mjnovi

Any solutions?  I am having the same problem. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI EVERYONE,

This a reminder that you MUST first have the app installed on your mobile. The PIN is sent to the Message+ app on your mobile.  ALSO, while the mobile app is cross carrier enabled, using the app on your PCs and Tablets is a service available ONLY to Verizon Wireless customers. 

Install the Mobile app from PLAY STORE and try the PC app again.

Let me know if you continue to have issues.

THANKS,

ALIEM

0 Likes
Tyezee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not to be rude aliem_vzw, but that is a hell of a canned response. We're not idiots, and have the app installed on my phone already. The PC app does not work on windows ten. Had it installed before I upgraded, and it worked fine. It simply gives an error message when you try to get the pin submitted saying it isn't connected. It will not not send the pin to our phones. Is anyone working on updating the PC app since that is where the problem seems to be centered?

doYouEvenCode
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, this response is one you would expect from a low tier CS Rep anyway, so it doesn't come to me as a surprise that this isn't resolved. Sadly I face the same issue. I have used Message+ on Windows 7 Professional and Enterprise, and also on Windows 8.1 without issue. Once my laptop was upgraded to Windows 10, I tried to install Message+ and it gives me the same error. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 (stock FW, no root) with the newest update of Message+ for Android from the Play Store. I am attempting to run Message+ on Windows 10 from the Verizon site. Running as admin doesn't provide any change, and my network is operating healthily.

I've checked my security settings and my firewall as well, nothing is preventing the application from functioning appropriately.

The issue may be a small one that Verizon isn't aware about, which is certainly understandable, but hopefully quickly resolved.

0 Likes
doYouEvenCode
Enthusiast - Level 1

Community Manager, not CS Rep. That sounds worse.

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI EVERYONE,

Thanks again for your patience.

In order to resolve the issue, I will need your mobile number.  Since this is a public forum, we do not advise that you share ANY personal information here.

Therefore, please do the following:

Email to: verizonmessages@verizonwireless.com

Subject: UNKNOWN ERROR GENERATING PIN 

Body: include your mobile number and mobile make&model (LG G4... Samsung S6...)

THANK YOU,

ALIEM

0 Likes
bucketnut

having same problem here!

0 Likes