installed message+ on tablet, would like to sync all messages from phone
JohnF1a
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - latest message+ installed

I would like to sync all of the messages from my phone to my tablet and online.  I have the messages backed up to Verizon cloud but haven't figured out how to sync them into the tablet and online app.

0 Likes
Re: installed message+ on tablet, would like to sync all messages from phone
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JohnF1a wrote:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 - latest message+ installed

I would like to sync all of the messages from my phone to my tablet and online.  I have the messages backed up to Verizon cloud but haven't figured out how to sync them into the tablet and online app.

Integrated Messaging is activated when you log multiple devices into the same phone number profile using Messages+.  Are you logging in to Message+ on your tablet using the same phone number/profile login as your phone/online?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
JohnF1a
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  Tablet, phone, online - all same phone number.  I'm transitioning from Google messages to messages+.  I can see all of the old messages on the phone and have backed them up to Verizon cloud.  Messages+ online will show me only the messages since I activates integrates messages.  Perhaps this isn't doable.

I can send from the tablet (and see what I sent on the phone and online) but nothing comes to the tablet.  I have another thread started for this issue.  I suspect until this is fixed I shouldn't expect the old messages to sync.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JohnF1a wrote:

Yes.  Tablet, phone, online - all same phone number.  I'm transitioning from Google messages to messages+.  I can see all of the old messages on the phone and have backed them up to Verizon cloud.  Messages+ online will show me only the messages since I activates integrates messages.  Perhaps this isn't doable.

I can send from the tablet (and see what I sent on the phone and online) but nothing comes to the tablet.  I have another thread started for this issue.  I suspect until this is fixed I shouldn't expect the old messages to sync.

I recall there being other threads in the past regarding Message+ syncing messages across devices.  You might search this Forum

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JohnF1a wrote:

Yes.  Tablet, phone, online - all same phone number.  I'm transitioning from Google messages to messages+. 

Out of curiosity, why did you stop using Messages by Google? In my opinion it works a lot better than Verizon Messages.

0 Likes
JohnF1a
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suppose I shouldn't use the term "transition" really.  It's a new tablet and I thought I would try this out.  So far, it isn't working, soooo...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your messaging app to work as expected. Make sure to check your set up instructions here under Palm and Tablet Use: https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

Let us know if it still isn't working after those steps are completed. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes