iPhone X notifications not showing contact name
Zetanator

Hi guys,

Whenever I receive a text message the notification pop up on my phone does not show the contact name. It only shows the number and the body of the message. All my contacts are already sync with the app. When I open the app my messages list show all the contact names. Any idea on how to fix this? My iPhone is on iOS 11.2.1. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone X notifications not showing contact name
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to play the guessing game when it comes to your notifications, Zetanator. Thank you for confirming your software version. Did your notifications display the contact when you first activated the iPhone? Which message app are you using? Have you noticed if this is affecting certain contacts?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Zetanator

It affects all my contact. If I use the regular message app my contact name show with no problem. However with the Verizon messages app the contact name will not show up when I receive a notification. This has been the case since the beginning.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand why this would be frustrating. Do you use Verizon Messages on any other platform such as your computer or tablet? Does it show the same numbers only there when viewing your messages?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Zetanator

My contacts numbers are the same on all of my devices. I used Verizon messages on a Pixel 2 XL and the notifications show the contact names. I also tested this on an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11.1 and the issue is exactly the same. All the contacts are sync with the contact app on the phone and I also have a backup of my contacts on the Verizon Cloud app. Can this please get escalated  ASAP!

0 Likes