iPhone 7 Message no notification
JAMOUD14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it possible to reply to the people that included all the pertinent information to get a real response instead of the standard have you updated your phones software and ask questions what version they are running or how about reset your memory?

I believe we pay more than enough in wireless charges and to get help we only receive basic tier 1 support and your forum appears to show that others are having the same exact problem.

I asked this question yesterday and you have been answering others but not a person that included all the information you ask the other users to begin with so they get tired and give up.

The iPhone version is 10.3.1 and the Message+ app version is 2.4.3.

Not receiving any notifications unless i manually go into the app.  It will then put the bubble up that I have a message.

Everything is green on the allow notifications, show in notification center, sounds, badge app icon, and show on lock screen.  Alerts are selected for the alert style when unlocked.

Started happening a few weeks ago and was sporadic but now it totally doesn't notify me started early last week.

Was hoping a new version would be released soon but this is getting to the point to be frustrating.

Response:

1.  Re: Iphone 7 Message + No notifications

Verizon Wireless Customer Support Double Diamond

JAMOUD14 -

Thank you for reaching out to us. We always want you to have the best experience when contacting customer support. I certainly apologize if you haven't been receiving the level of support you deserve.

As a customer myself, I can understand why it would be frustrating to not receive notifications. In order for us to get to the root cause of any issue, we have to start from the beginning with basic troubleshooting.  The root cause of any issue can vary from device to device, so we never want to skip steps.

When you receive a text message/email/notifications, do you hear a notification sound?

Have you attempted to Reset your Settings? This is separate from a factory reset as it will NOT erase personal content from the phone. Contacts, photos, downloads, etc. will remain on the phone; but personalized settings will be set back to factory defaults. I recommend completing this step: http://vz.to/2p1rZEo.

Keep us posted as we definitely want to get this resolved for you.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

My response:

I wish i could find the reply so I didn't need to create a new ticket but was unable.  Sorry for more posts.

I get no notification or sound when I get a txt message.  I also reset all settings and reset my network settings and it still doesn't work.

FYI, This is also happening on my iPad as well so I have 2 devices that aren't working if that helps any.

Thanks for your time

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 7 Message no notification
KICKSTOP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having same problem across many devices.  Messages+ used to work great to 4 different ipads, an ipod touch, and my iphone on another carrier while I use verizon on my android phone.  I have reset multiple times, been on different wifi networks, cellular networks, etc.   No push notifications are happening and app only shows new messages once opened.  Really is inconvenient as I have no idea messages are there if I am not around my verizon phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KICKSTOP, I would be frustrated if I wasn't getting notification either. Have you checked to make sure Verizon Messages + is updated? When you go to Settings, Notifications, then Messages + are the notifications turned on?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KICKSTOP
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the app is latest and notifications are enabled.  Keep in mind this is across multiple apple devices and networks. I have repeatedly tried reinstalling and reinitializing app.  Other ios users reporting same issue in forums.

0 Likes
Jk3051

I am having same issue on Iphone 6s Plus. I receive no notification when somebody sends me a text, I will however receive a notification if somebody sends me a message from a phone while using verizon message app I get notification

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for testing that out so far, KICKSTOP. We want to keep digging into this to see what's going on. Are you able to receive notifications on your Verizon Andriod device?  Have you reset the network settings on all other devices?

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jk3051

I have and the only issue is when somebody send a text to 201-206-1061 and

they do not use Verizon message application I do not receive notification.

Look at reviews in iOS App Store or forums every user is having same issue

since an update in March I think.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 9:00 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for narrowing that down further for us, jk3051. We'd like to check into a few other settings to rule them out. Please ensure your Do not Distrub feature is off, http://spr.ly/65828eKNo. Test out some messages again and see if you have the same issue. Have you removed the app and installed it as new?

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jk3051

I do not have do not disturb on. Also I have reinstalled an installed the

application numerous time.

I get a text notification from stock message application. Not from Verizon

message plus. I only receive notification when application is open,

obviously this is an error. You push service isn't working when Verizon

message plus application is closed.

I am glad to assist here because I would like it resolved.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 9:54 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for testing those settings, jk3051. Let's keep moving forward on this. Is bluetooth enabled when you are not receiving the notifications? If so, please turn bluetooth off and test it again. Have you completed any hard resets on your device?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes