can't send text message anymore
cherlah

When I hit send, it appears that the message is going to be sent and then after a couple of minutes, it says that the message can not be sent.  I was able to send messages in the past without an issue.  Phone memory is showing that I have 6kb available so I don't think that is it.  Does anyone have any idea what I can do other than going into a verizon store to have it checked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't send text message anymore
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2
Delete any unwanted messages in your inbox/drafts/sent folder just to be sure it's not a memory issue. Also, try reprogramming your device with *228 + Send, and choosing option 1. If these options do not work, try reseting the device's battery by removing it while the power is on then replacing and turning back on. If none of these options work, contact a technician either by phone or in store.
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

It could really be the memory. 6k of memory is not a whole lot, I would suggest clearing out some of the internal memory and trying again.

I would also try to do a *228 opt 2 of your phone and then reset your device. If that does not work, then I would take it into a store or contact VZW Technical Support

0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

If you've only 6kb available you're going to have problems. I'd delete all messages. Try to get atleast 1/3 of your memory free.

0 Likes
cherlah
thank you.  clearing out pictures and videos did the trick. 
0 Likes