can't authenticate message plus on my PC
dhufstader
Enthusiast - Level 1

I installed the message plus app on my windows 10 desktop. downloaded it from VZW, not the MS app store
I have been using this for ages, have installed it on other machines no problem (yes, I am positive I don't have too many machines authorized at once, I deleted the old one)

I try to run the setup, I get sent my text message with the PIN, enter it, and every single time it says it's an invalid pin or wrong security code.

it will not accept any of the codes being sent to me.

and yes, I have it installed on my cell phone, as I said, been using this for a while, never had any issues installing it before on a desktop

Labels (1)
Re: can't authenticate message plus on my PC
shannon_tucson
Enthusiast - Level 2

This won't help, but I have exactly the same issue.  I needed to reinstall Message+ because it wasn't syncing all messages (random messages missing).  I've received 7 or 8 PINs so far, and I get an "invalid pin" result each time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets roll up our sleeves and get to work on this issue for you, dhufstader. Have you tried to go into your Messages + and de authorize all the current computers and then try installing on the Window 10 computer first. Try this and keep me posted.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI dhufstader and shannon.tucson,

Please note that if you are using the WINDOWS 10 OS, you should install the Windows 10 app version from the Windows store.

Please ensure the cache and cookies have been deleted from the browser before navigating to reinstall the app.  Here is the direct link to the app for your convenience.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrdcsnz

Please keep us posted.

ALIEM@VERIZONMESSAGES

0 Likes
Andy_Schmidt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already deleted the old VZW Message software, and reinstalled the Windows 10 Version 3.0.0.0 from the Microsoft store:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/verizonmessages/9plsfg6pjz50?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I have done this on two different PCs and both will prompt for the 6 digit PIN, which will arrive on my phone just fine - yet that will NOT accept the PIN and instead prompts me to install the latest software - which is precisely what I had just done!?

rwav
Enthusiast - Level 1

How is this still not fixed in 2021. Im having the same issue.

kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes