blocking only picture/video messaging?
myohmymaria

Alright so on the news I watched a segment on how teens are "sexting" and I would like to know if there is anyway to just turn off pix/flix msgs but keep text messaging? That or someway I can request this to verizon wireless.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blocking only picture/video messaging?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You can add what's called the National Access Block onto the desired line. This will block all data sent/received from the phone, including; picture/video messages, web browsing, ringtone/game/music downloads. So it stops it all together, they wouldn't be able to send or receive picture or video messages.

It's also a good way to prevent those pesky megabyte charges from showing up.

0 Likes
myohmymaria

But would it also block text messaging because that is what the man in the store said. He said the only way to do it would be to block all of the messaging.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

No, the National Access block will not affect your normal text messaging, that's why I responded with that answer. Normal SMS runs off the 1XRTT network, the National Access block is for the EVDO network which MMS uses.

0 Likes
joanelisha

Would using the National Access Block interfere with the Verizon Chaperone service on my kids' lines?

0 Likes
AStormUser
Contributor - Level 2

Joan,

Since the Chaperone service works off the data network then yes the National Access Block would interfere with Chaperone service on your kids' lines.

0 Likes
mwilson0217

Would I have to call Verizon to block the picture messaging from a certain line?

0 Likes