blocked texts/calls
sacol17

Hi, I recently blocked a few numbers from my sons phone. I saw the verizon message "Premium messaging to this mobile number has been blocked. Only the account owner may request a change to this setting with his/her wireless service provider". My son insists that he has not texted any of the numbers I blocked, which I clearly don't believe. Is there a way I can check what number he texted? I looked on the messaging and calls usage but I had no luck. The message was stored March 10 but sent at March 9 at 1:04. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blocked texts/calls
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

sacol17 wrote:

.... Is there a way I can check what number he texted? I looked on the messaging and calls usage but I had no luck. The message was stored March 10 but sent at March 9 at 1:04. Please help!

Did you check the information on his phone?  Or online?

To view call and messaging details online:

If you haven't already signed up for MyVerizon at verizonwireless.com, then set up an account for your phone number. Then, log in and go to the Overview page. If you are on a family share plan, you need to be logged in as the primary account holder to see detailed information for all lines on the account. Secondary lines will see a summary for their usage only.

For the current billing cycle, on the homepage is a link called "Current Usage" - there is a drop down for the numbers on your plan (if it is a family share). Once you click "Current Usage", there are tabs for Voice, Messaging, and Data, and within each of those is a "Details" link. There you can see all the numbers called and calls received, as well as numbers texted to and from. There is no way to see the content of the text messages, just the numbers that were involved.

If you are going back any further than the current billing cycle, you will have to pull up the prior bill, and view the call details and messaging details for each of the numbers on your account.

HTH,

0 Likes
Rusty_1955

Could you explain how to look at previous month's billing cycles?  I cannot find this anywhere on the web page..  Rusty

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Rusty_1955 wrote:

Could you explain how to look at previous month's billing cycles?  I cannot find this anywhere on the web page..  Rusty

Here i took a picture of it for you to show you. It is where the green circle is:

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rusty_1955 wrote:

If you haven't already signed up for MyVerizon at verizonwireless.com, then set up an account for your phone number. Then, log in and go to the Overview page. If you are on a family share plan, you need to be logged in as the primary account holder to see detailed information for all lines on the account. Secondary lines will see a summary for their usage only.

For the current billing cycle, on the homepage is a link called "Current Usage" - there is a drop down for the numbers on your plan (if it is a family share). Once you click "Current Usage", there are tabs for Voice, Messaging, and Data, and within each of those is a "Details" link. There you can see all the numbers called and calls received, as well as numbers texted to and from. There is no way to see the content of the text messages, just the numbers that were involved.

If you are going back any further than the current billing cycle, you will have to pull up the prior bill, and view the call details and messaging details for each of the numbers on your account.  Here's a pic of the drop down to see prior month's bills:Billing detail

0 Likes