Z fold 2
Cindernana
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my z-fold 2 for about 2 weeks. I have been a Verizon subscriber for 17 years. We have always used Verizon messaging app. I love my Z fold 2 it's awesome phone however message plus is garbage on this phone. I use this phone for business purposes and many times my text messages don't come through for hours or perhaps overnight. Many times I don't get any notification unless I happen to open a text message that has been inactive and then all of a sudden 900 messages will come flying through. I spoke to somebody through the chat option on Verizon Messages Plus and I checked the things they asked me to check which was right then they asked me to reset and it ruined everything even worse. Had I known this is going to be the issue I may have chose to just buy an unlocked phone instead of one tied to Verizon they can't seem to fix my issue. So my question is does anybody else that has this phone have issues with message plus? Is there a way to reset my check text messages on their side I do I just switch to another messaging app

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Z fold 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear of any issues with your Message Plus app and the ZFold 2. Do you have the same issues with any of the other messaging apps? Is the App on the latest version? - AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Cindernana
Enthusiast - Level 2

After messing with so many things to troubleshoot it I've come to the conclusion it doesn't like  it when is open to the big screen. I'm not sure what is going on but perhaps yall need to have a dev actually use the phone so they can see these issues. ..

If you try to install msg plus while big screen is open it thinks it's a tablet or a second device and won't install....

Fix... close to only front screen then it will install....

As far as not getting notifications I found that if I have the app open from the person I'm getting a text from it'll come thru delayed yet faster than if app isn't open. 

Going to try a few other messaging apps today.  I'll let you know if I get same results from them. 

0 Likes
Cindernana
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay I uninstalled message plus and installed Google messages and I don't have an issue at all. However does Verizon support chat in Google messages if not they should well or really fix my message plus app because I really love that app and I'm so used to it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details on the issue. We really want to get to the bottom of this ASAP! We will send you a Private Message, so we can continue to find a resolution. MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes
Cindernana
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's the strangest thing..i keep going back and testing it because i do love it but it's just not getting the notifications for whatever reason...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a  closer look, please send a Private Note. 

0 Likes
reved69

I have the same issue with Verizon messenger. My fold thinks its a second device,  I cannot activate the app to integrate it.  I was on with tech support for an hour today and they cannot seem to have a remedy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reved69, we are here for you to help in any way we can! So we can help, please send us a Private Note. *Jose

0 Likes
Cindernana
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have a fold 2? Because for whatever reason I just happened to try to install message plus again today and it's working great finally I don't know what they did but it's working for me now as of today!

0 Likes