Why is Messages not working with MacOS Sierra
PEPPERMAN98

Now that MacOS is updates to Sierra, Messages + no longer works properly. Where the messages should be is nothing more than a gray or blue box where the text should be, but with nothing inside it. It could be the size of one small word, or a sentence long, in no correlation with how long the message contained within it actually is. This only became a problem with the Sierra update. Please help!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why is Messages not working with MacOS Sierra
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all of the details, PEPPERMAN98 and I'd be happy to assist with this concern regarding the messaging app. We want to be sure that we have exhausted all of our troubleshooting steps to turn this experience around.

We do recommend tat you remove the mesaging app and add it once again to your desktop. Besides the update, have any other changes been made recently to the desktop? Are you experiencing any issues with the app on your mobile device? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PEPPERMAN98

I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The same problem persists. There have been no other updates of any kind to the system since the Sierra update. The app works fine on the mobile device as well. Thank you for the reply!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PEPPERMAN98, we want to assist in making sure that the features you use are functioning as they should. Thanks for those details. Do you happen to have another desktop to try the Verizon Messages app to see if the issue is consistent or only on your desktop with MacOS Sierra. Please share your findings.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

DAMSIS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is well known and has been reported many times in many threads since OSX Sierra was in beta. The problem still exists in the release version of Sierra yet no action has been taken to fix it. In every thread Verizon support is asking us to uninstall and reinstall, which doesn't help.

@Verizon- when are you going to fix the well documented issue with a software update for this 7 month old version 2.0.2 of the product. It was frustrating for a while, now it's becoming ridiculous !

etep
Enthusiast - Level 2

Give up!  This has been a problem for a long time, noted many times  Find something else to use, dont for a moment think they are concerned about this.

Both the web app and the OS app fail routinely. 

sanmaniac

This is June-2019 and it still doesn't work. What is the fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having all the applications you love on your handheld device to be compatiable with every device you own. There is no update for this application to be compatiable for the MacOS Sierra at this time.

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our
conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes