Why does Verizon Messages push multiple texts to my Moto 360?
salada325
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I receive a text message on my phone, my smartwatch used to receive one notification. The watch would buzz once, and the Verizon Messages notification would come up over top of older notification cards. Now, I will usually receive three notifications on my smartwatch for every text message. The watch will vibrate three times, and the notification card will disappear and reappear, often appearing underneath older notification cards, so as not to be easily seen. No other app does this. This problem has occurred when the Moto 360 was synced with my old Samsung Galaxy S6, and now with my unlocked Pixel XL.

Smartwatch: Moto 360 (v2), running Android 6.0.1, Android Wear 1.5.0.3336103
Smartphone: Google Pixel XL, unlocked, running Android 7.1

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does Verizon Messages push multiple texts to my Moto 360?
salada325
Enthusiast - Level 2

I emailed the development team via the email listed on the Google Play Store. I received a response that said they were "aware of the multi-vibrate issue on the wearables with the newer updates and are working at this time." I was told that the issue should be fixed when the app updates to 6.4. Though not stated directly, it was implied that it should be out by the 22nd (email said to hit them up if the app didn't auto-update in 2-3 weeks from Dec 1, when I sent the email).

TL;DR Verizon Messages dev team confirmed it as an issue with the app, should be fixed in next update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We realize receiving several notifications can be a bit much. Let's make sure the notifications appear exactly as you like. The following link is from Motorola regarding settings for the Moto 360. http://bit.ly/2f7M9YY 

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
salada325
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply, Delores. However, this link is too general and does not address my issue. The only options provided are to mute apps notifications entirely or limit notifications through the Verizon Messages app itself. However, there are no settings that seem like they would result in multiple notifications per text message, and I do not want the notifications muted entirely.

I suspect that there is either a bug in the app or an unrelated setting that causes the issues. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? This is one of the few Verizon app offerings that I thoroughly enjoy, so I would rather fix the issue than have to migrate to another app. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
salada325
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some things I have tried, which have not fixed the issue:

--Allowing Android Wear to run in the background (recommended by Android Wear to allow smartwatch to stay connected)

--Blocking stock Messenger app from sending notifications in Android Wear (On a hunch, because it automatically blocks the stock Calendar app to avoid interfering with Motorola's Agenda app.)

--Closing the Verizon Messages PC program (Because there is a precedent for the PC program interfering with the notification process--having a conversation can prevent a vibrate or notification tone when that person texts you.)

0 Likes
salada325
Enthusiast - Level 2

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/691937-moto-360-v2-verizon-message-mutliple-notificati... Another Verizon Messages user reporting the same issues with Moto 360 and Galaxy S7.

0 Likes
salada325
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
salada325
Enthusiast - Level 2

vzw_customer_support​ Confirmed that the issue does not occur with a previous version of the app (v6.1.1). This points to a bug in the app. How do I direct this feedback to the appropriate channel, so that the issue can be fixed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

salada325, I can understand your concern regarding the notifications. We will do what we can to help get this resolved. Since you indicated that this happened on two different phones, I was wondering if the notifications are also appearing three times on the phone?

If the notifications are only appearing in the watch then we should move our trouble shooting there.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
salada325
Enthusiast - Level 2

vzw_customer_support​ Thanks for your response, Ralph. No, the app does not push multiple notifications on the phone. The notification will appear and vibrate once on the phone normally, but then display the issues on the watch as described. I believe the issue is with the Verizon Messages watch app on the current version of Verizon Messages. As mentioned above, I uninstalled the current version and loaded a previous version of Verizon Messages, which sends one notification to the watch as desired.

0 Likes
Jsbalrog

Same problem on Note5 and Huawei watch.

0 Likes