Why does Verizon Messages have its own camera and editing software?
SidGauVic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why can't I use my phone's default camera and photo apps of my own choosing? The ones I've chosen work much better and have settings I can customize. The VZW messages camera always turns on flash and has a shutter sound I can't disable. This is really bothersome for sending pictures how I want them to be. Can the VZW messages camera be an option as opposed to a forced feature?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does Verizon Messages have its own camera and editing software?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The camera is not a forced feature - if you don't want to use it, then don't.  Take your photo, do all the editing, save it to your gallery, THEN open the messages app and attach the photo from your gallery, rather than choosing the Camera.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The camera is not a forced feature - if you don't want to use it, then don't.  Take your photo, do all the editing, save it to your gallery, THEN open the messages app and attach the photo from your gallery, rather than choosing the Camera.

SidGauVic
Enthusiast - Level 2

if you don't want to use it, then don't.  Take your photo, do all the editing, save it to your gallery, THEN open the messages app and attach the photo from your gallery, rather than choosing the Camera.

Is there a way to be able to choose which app takes the photo? In other apps, like Google Hangouts, clicking the camera will bring up a dialogue box asking "Complete action using..." and then present several different apps. I'd like to be able to choose the camera app when I click the camera button in Verizon Messages, rather than being defaulted into the built-in camera.

A suggestion: maybe an option where users can change what camera app is used when that button is clicked. Having the built-in camera as a default, while giving the option to choose a different camera seems like a good compromise.

0822SJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Camera:    I have just stumbled across something interesting while trying to change another situation I don't like.

Open Message+ Go to settings >conversations>default camera. There you can change between "Real Camera" or "Native Camera"

I can't seem to find any information on the difference between the two so I am experimenting.  

Please post back if you figure out more info to share.

kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes