Why do I keep recieving this message "Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message." ?
Sforbes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep recieving this message "Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message." I dont know why. I am recieving texts. I did block a number but i have no pending texts. Its getting annoying. Ive gotten 50 so far

Labels (1)
Re: I keep recieving this message
DYNAGIRL97
Enthusiast - Level 1

My samsung galaxy 5s started sending me the same message yesterday, saying it came from myself! At first i thought i was maxed out on text so i deleted quite a few but nothing new came through. I sent a message to myself from my other phone number and it came through fine so i deleted the "insufficient..." message. Until it came across again today (twice 2 mins apart) so i stopped at my local verizon store they had no idea so no issues with my account gave me the 800 number to call, but they have no idea either. They fear it may be a phishing scam so advised me just to delete if anymore come across while they investigate! You mentione you recently "blocked" a number, so did i! Maybe there is some connection?

Sforbes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the galaxy s6. I disgruntlely had to message the person to see if they could delete the message they had attempted to send and so far it seems to have stopped. I had quite literally received over 100 for two texts that weren't going through. Quite annoying.

StrawberryDelight
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also just blocked a number and two hours later I received my first "Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message" message.  That must be the cause of it because it's the only thing that we have in common.  I have the Note 5 and never received this message until I blocked the number.  The message usually comes thru on the times that the person I blocked normally text me.  Maybe it's the phone trying to tell us that the blocked person is trying to text us.

JIMNTHEM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am receiving the same text, from myself.  ????  I too recently blocked a number, is this normal after blocking a number?

Sforbes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe it is from blocking a number. It had eventually stopped for me

tho. But that may have been because they stopped trying to text me

DYNAGIRL97
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine seems to have stopped, i too believe it was because the number i had

recently blocked was trying to text me. Hopefully it is over now

PICKLES12345
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been receiving the same text and just blocked a number as well so just to see if that was the reason, I downloaded  texting app with a different phone number blocked the number and attempted to txt myself and I instantly received the message Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.

crguendelsberger

It must have something to do with blocking a number bc I've had the same problem shortly after blocking a number myself. 

0 Likes
Re: Why do I keep recieving this message "Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.&
Hillary11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon please fix this!!!!!!