Re: Why are texts sent from web portal not showing up on phone's Message text thread?
Ag3ntX
Enthusiast - Level 3

RyanC,

I rebooted my phone again, asked someone to text me and it did not come through. I clicked Message+ and the "Starting Services" bar started again and then I got the text. Went to Settings > Integrated Messaging > Subscribe. This time I got a text from "VZ Messages" with a 6-digit PIN#, but it only appeared on my Pebble Watch only. The text does not show up in Message+ on my Note 4, so I don't know what to do with the 6-digit PIN.

And to confirm, Message+ is my default Text messaging app.

0 Likes
Re: Why are texts sent from web portal not showing up on phone's Message text thread?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience ie greatly appreciated on this matter Ag3ntX. Let's think outside the box on this matter. What happens when you disconnect the pebble? Are you able to view the messages on your device that were sent from the web portal then?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ag3ntX
Enthusiast - Level 3

After re-updating the Message+ app and disconnecting my Pebble. I still got the same issue. I cannot access the portal now as the site seems to be offline. "web.vma.vzw.com is not responding".

I restarted my Note 4 again and I got a Text from "Verizon Messages" (5555). So I tap the Message+ icon and the "Starting Service" pop-up with the progress bar appears. When I open the text, it says "Failed to retrieve Security Code. Please try to connect again later by using the Subscribe option within the Settings screen". BTW, the text appeared in my Pebble & Message+ this time.

So I disable Bluetooth and my Pebble connection (to test your theory), go back to Settings > Subscribe > Tap it, and it just goes back to the conversations screen. I repeat Settings > click Subscribe and it still goes back to the Conversations screen. There was no "Starting Service" pop up this time.

Capturevzw.JPG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ag3ntX,

Thank you for the screen shot and working through this with us. Have you ever been able to see messages sent or received online on your actual device? Now that Pebble is removed, is there a difference? Can you still send message from the device?

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ag3ntX
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still can't access the portal so I will comment only on what I can do from my Note 4.

I can send and receive texts from my phone.

I cannot turn on the "Integrated Messing Features". When I click the "Subscribe" link (as in image below) it either:

1) pops-up a screen "Please Wait Starting Service" with a very slow progress bar that ends with no confirmation, and returns me to the "Conversations" Screen.

or

2) Does nothing and returns me to the "Conversations" Screen.

Capturevzw2.JPG

Ag3ntX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also note that I did get this one text from Verizon after reinstalling the Message+ app. I did try after waiting a while as it instructs. Still no joy.

Capturevzw3.JPG

0 Likes
Ag3ntX
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally got back into the portal (My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless) and confirmed the following:

From the "Send a message" portal I CAN:

• I CAN Send texts
  • I CAN Receive texts
  • I CAN See texts that are created and sent from my phone

From my phone's Message+ app:

• I CAN Send texts
  • I CAN Receive texts
  • I CANNOT: See texts that were created and sent from the web portal.
  • I CAN see replies (from the recipient) to my texts that originated from the web portal.

To me, this indicates that I am not subscribed on my phone device. I just can't get the phone subscribed to the Integrated Messaging.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the visuals and the confirmation that you are able to access the messaging portal, Ag3ntx. I see that the only issue now is that you cannot see texts that were created and sent from the web portal. Since you are now able to access the messaging portal and most messaging options are now working properly, please try removing/disabling the Message+ application, then power your phone off and on, and then install/enable the Message+ application and test.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Ag3ntX
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK the following was completed in this order:

1. Galaxy Note 4 > Applications > Message+ > Disabled
  2. Un-installed Message+ updates
  3. Rebooted phone
  4. Google play > Verizon Messages > Enable > Install
  5. Downloaded and installed 61.15 MB update to 'Verizon Messages"
  6. Opened Message+ via app drawer > Got the "Starting Services" popup (see below)
  7. 10 seconds later, my Pebble receives text from VZ Messages (900080004102) PIN:95xxxx
  8. No text from VZ messages found in Message+ app or Samsung "Messages" app
  9. Go to Message+ > Settings > Subscribe -- it pauses for 2 sec then returns to "Conversations" screen.
  10. Repeat Message+ > Settings > Subscribe -- it pauses for 1 sec then returns to "Conversations" screen
  11. Same as before, unable to Subscribe.

screen1.JPG

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get this solved for you, Ag3ntX. I want to dig in a bit deeper into this. I'm going to send you a Private Message, so that we can go over some specifics. Please respond there.

LeoL_VZW

0 Likes