Why are texts sent from web portal not showing up on phone's Message text thread?
Ag3ntX
Enthusiast - Level 3

I send a text to a person via the Verizon web portal and can see the entire discussion of messages I created on my phone as well as texts created on in the portal. But when I check my phone's Message+ app, only the texts entered from the phone are displayed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why are texts sent from web portal not showing up on phone's Message text thread?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To be able to send out text messages is important, Ag3ntX. Let me assist you further with using the Verizon portal when it comes to sending messages. Are you logged into the website for landline (FiOS) internet or on My Verizon related to wireless service when using the portal? Which device are you using to send the messages? Share more details so we can locate a solution for you.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why are texts sent from web portal not showing up on phone's Message text thread?
Ag3ntX
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a text thread with my wife that was started on my Galaxy Note 4. I replied to her number later online, on a PC, connected to the Internet via my home ISP. Using Google Chrome browser, I navigated to Verizonwireless.com and went to my services, then to "send text message". I then sent a text to my wife on the PC. I later went to my phone, opened up message+ and I can only see texts typed and sent from the Galaxy Note 4. None of the texts created and sent from my PC appear on my Galaxy Note 4's message+ app's text thread with my wife. But if I go to my PC, then to Verizonwireless.com then to "send text message", I open my wife's number and see all texts sent from my phone as well as from the PC.

Not applicable

HI Ag3ntX,

It sounds like your devices are not 'attached'.

1:

On the MOBILE APP,  please check that you are subscribed to INTEGRATED MESSAGING: Launch Verizon Messages; go to Settings – under integrated Messaging feature, If you ARE Subscribed , you will see the Unsubscribe option. If NOT subscribed,   go ahead and subscribe. 

2:

Please check that the secondary devices are attached to the MOBILE App. 

- On the Mobile:

Android: Go to Menu (3bars)> Settings>Manage Devices

- If this device  is not listed in MANAGE DEVICES, please add it: Uninstall on the device and reinstall so you get the verification PIN.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thanks

ALIEM

mwenzlick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have noticed this too. I use the web app for messaging daily at work. 8 hours a day. While normally it works very well I have noticed a handful of bugs. It seems as though the syncing process goofs sometimes. I have my phone connected to wifi the whole time I am at work and the web app open in my web browser all day. I do not want to use the desktop app on my work computer.

• I can send a message from the web and not have it appear in the conversation thread. Even days later when you would expect things to have been thoroughly synced.
  • I can send a message from my phone and not have it appear in the web browser thread
  • I have only encountered this once or twice but, I can log into the web app and see an unread message that I was never notified of on my phone.
  • When things finally do sync, the messages are sometimes out of order, like it just downloads all the replies and then all the sent messages.

Does Verizon have any kind of development team actively debugging this service? I really like the concept and I have not found any other app that handles my message delivery to both devices on the carrier side of things.

Ag3ntX
Enthusiast - Level 3

I navigated through the menu options to Manage Devices. My number is listed at the top of that screen, but it does not show up as a connected device it the lower part of the screen.

Ever since I activated the Integrated Messaging I have new issues. 1-2 times a day, a message will pop up when I am either sending a text or receiving one. It is a pop up that says you have been disconnected from Integrated messaging (or something similar) and has a "re-connect" button. I click it and it shows a progress bar that takes about 15 sec to complete. Once the progress bar is done, I receive my text or my text gets "delivered". So I go back into Advance settings and check Integrated Messaging and it still shows I am not connected ut I can send/receive.

Someone recommended deleting the Message+ app on my Galaxy Note 4 and reinstalling it. If I do this will I lose all my texts and attachments that are on my phone? Some are not in the web-portal so I don't want to risk uninstalling it without confirmation that it will be saved.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ag3ntX,

I am confident that we can get this resolved. Yes, try deleting the Message + application. It's just an application that distributes your messages so it will delete them. The only way your messages will delete is if you delete the actual message. Keep us posted.

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use a SMS Backup application from the Play Store to archive your messages on the phone and restore them. You might also want to download and save any picture attachments separately if they are important to you.

You can then restore the messages back on the device after reinstalling the message application.

One example of such an application is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ag3ntX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. I was able to back up the messages.

0 Likes
Ag3ntX
Enthusiast - Level 3

RyanC,

Thanks for your response and willingness to help.

I cannot uninstall it. It is a default app in my Note 4 and the Note 4 only allows for "Force Stop" and "Disable". So I disabled it & uninstalled the updates. I then enabled it again, opened the app & Settings --> clicked "Subscribe", then the "Please Wait Starting Services" progress bar appeared again, it appeared to finish and returned me back to the messages screen. I went back into Settings and it still says "Subscribe" (as opposed to UN -subscribe). I click subscribe again and the same thing. Still does not show as being connected. Now I cant even get to the "Connected Devices" screen which I could before the uninstall (disable).

I then went to the play store, ran the update and it still happens. now, after the first attempt to "Subscribe", it hung on the Starting Services progress bar at about 30% the way. After it finished, it returned me to the Conversations screen and when I go back to Settings clicking Subscribe does nothing. Not even the Progress bar anymore, like it is stuck.

Please note that I read somewhere that there is supposed to be a "PIN" sent to my phone? Well, in the Verizon messages app, there is no text from Verizon regarding a PIN or otherwise after I clicked the "Subscribe" button.