Why are text messages not showing up in my log?
clewis8635
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have sent / receive text messages to a number I have the text on my phone but the number is not showing on my message log on verizon wireless  Is this normal

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have sent/receive text messages to a number I have the text on my phone but they are not showing on my message log on verizon wireless is this normal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how the inconsistencies can be confusing clewis8635. I am happy to further explain. iMessage does require a data connection so even if the messages are between two iPhones, but one of the iPhones is not connected to the Internet at the time the message is sent or received, it would be a text message instead of an iMessage. When that is the case, the messages would show up in your message log. The only way to ensure that all of your messages show up in the message log would be to disable iMessage on your phone. Does that clear things up?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have sent/receive text messages to a number I have the text on my phone but they are not showing on my message log on verizon wireless is this normal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for taking the time to contact us regarding your text inquiry, clewis8635.

It is good to be able to check the logs via My Verizon. If you are an iPhone user texting another iPhone user via iMessages the message log will not be viewable via My Verizon.

This happens because iMessages are sent via Apple servers. Is this the situation you are faced with?

TamaraH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

LLZ0919
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ideally I would believe this to be the fact; however, I can see that iMessages between some iPhones are appearing on my logs but it is not consistent.  Also, messages can sometimes take up to 4 days to appear on the log while others do not appear at all.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how the inconsistencies can be confusing clewis8635. I am happy to further explain. iMessage does require a data connection so even if the messages are between two iPhones, but one of the iPhones is not connected to the Internet at the time the message is sent or received, it would be a text message instead of an iMessage. When that is the case, the messages would show up in your message log. The only way to ensure that all of your messages show up in the message log would be to disable iMessage on your phone. Does that clear things up?

RashadM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Why are text messages not showing up in my log?
monynec
Enthusiast - Level 1

Messages+ is a totally worthless app.  It's actually worse than worthless as it is misleading, much like how a bank register would be if it only showed some of the transactions.

Frustrating?  It's beyond frustrating.

Solution: use a different app for text messaging, like Google Voice ...except then you'll have to deal with the corporate surveillance issues.

Re: Why are text messages not showing up in my log?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@monynec wrote:

Messages+ is a totally worthless app.  It's actually worse than worthless as it is misleading, much like how a bank register would be if it only showed some of the transactions.

Frustrating?  It's beyond frustrating.

Solution: use a different app for text messaging, like Google Voice ...except then you'll have to deal with the corporate surveillance issues.

Is there a reason why you needed to dig up a 3 year old thread to write your complaint? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes