Why are some messages being "held up" when I'm connected to my home wifi network
CHETDUDE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every so often, my SMS messages are held up (showing "sending") for a considerable length of time.  I searched around and saw a hint that indicated that it may be because I'm also connected to my home WiFi for data when I'm here.  It suggested that one tries to turn off WiFi connection to "release" messages.

I tried that and the 3 messages that were hung up immediately were "sent"...

Phone LG K8 V - using verizon messenger - 2-3 bars on Verizon cell network...

Connected to Exede high speed satellite internet.  Sitting next to WiFi router...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why are some messages being "held up" when I'm connected to my home wifi network
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were the messages standard SMS messages or MMS messages? Are you using the default messaging application from the manufacturer or Verizon Messages?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why are some messages being "held up" when I'm connected to my home wifi network
CHETDUDE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Standard SMS.

I'm using the "Message+" app that was already installed on LG phone when I signed up for 2 years of Verizon...

It appears to happen only once in a while when I'm connected to my home WiFi network...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Messages+ application is supposed to allow MMS and SMS messaging to be sent over the wifi network. I'm not sure why it wouldn't send.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CHETDUDE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I began programming computers in 1964 and continued doing so during my 40+ year career...and still do occasionally for fun...

every program contains bugs...some riddled with them, some with just a few.

I guess I'll have to shut down my WiFi connection to allow those messages to be sent when it happens again and then turn my WiFi connection on again.  Most of the time the app works, I'm grateful for that.

I also find that this phone is pretty sluggish when connecting to websites on the internet as well...  I had to use it as a wifi hotspot and access the website desired with my iPad the other day when I was on the road since Chrome on the phone wouldn't render the site...

Phones are phones, computers are computers and a phone seldom operates like a good computer...

0 Likes